Chat with an experienced DISH Installation Pro

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AndyQuestion

Original poster
Mar 1, 2019
New York
Hello,

If anyone here is or recently was a DISH network installation pro, could I chat with you for 10-20 minutes about aspects of your job? Willing to pay for your time, of course.

For context, I want to understand the installation process, dish/hoppers/joeys/etc. And how jobs length could vary based on certain factors.

Thanks,
Andy

I realize this is a bit of an old thread. A week ago yesterday the installer, who I've been acquainted with for over 30 years, came to switch us from Directv to Dish. What should have been a very quick job was complicated by the supplier sending the incorrect LNBs for the Wally receivers we chose. He made two calls to his technical support who assured him the LNBs would work, however only the one on Port 1 (I presume) would work. The other could never get past the switch test.

He took the other two receivers back with him and tested them on an older LNB and they worked normally. On Monday morning he talked to the supplier and the contact said flat out that the LNBs sent would not work with the Wally! He had a pair of the older LNBs which are working splendidly. These are the kinds of things an installer will run into. Having done installations that went awry due to factors beyond my immediate control for a private concern (not for the public) I understood completely and was able to remain patient.

I realize this is a bit of an old thread. A week ago yesterday the installer, who I've been acquainted with for over 30 years, came to switch us from Directv to Dish. What should have been a very quick job was complicated by the supplier sending the incorrect LNBs for the Wally receivers we chose. He made two calls to his technical support who assured him the LNBs would work, however only the one on Port 1 (I presume) would work. The other could never get past the switch test.

He took the other two receivers back with him and tested them on an older LNB and they worked normally. On Monday morning he talked to the supplier and the contact said flat out that the LNBs sent would not work with the Wally! He had a pair of the older LNBs which are working splendidly. These are the kinds of things an installer will run into. Having done installations that went awry due to factors beyond my immediate control for a private concern (not for the public) I understood completely and was able to remain patient.

This sounds like the installer was sent a Hybrid LNB and didn't know how to use it. With a Hybrid LNB and Wally's one line is used from the LNB that goes to a channel stack splitter for the Wally's. Regular DishProPlus LNB's use a line from each receiver to the LNB.

Okay. I believe the DPP LNBs are what were installed (main and tailgater locations). It's all good now, and frankly, I wouldn't want the extra hardware so I'm happy with this clean setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts