Chattanooga HD locals yet?

OneBigDawg

Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Ringgold, Georgia
New guy here and I have a question. I found a link that shows Dish Network has Chattanooga HD locals pending on CBS on channel 5151 and fox on channel 5153. I have a dish 1000 dish and currently have HD programming and Chattanooga locals. I tried both channels but they do not exist yet for me. Anyone know if/when these will be available? With college football season right around the corner it won't get here soon enough for me.
Thanks

New guy here and I have a question. I found a link that shows Dish Network has Chattanooga HD locals pending on CBS on channel 5151 and fox on channel 5153. I have a dish 1000 dish and currently have HD programming and Chattanooga locals. I tried both channels but they do not exist yet for me. Anyone know if/when these will be available? With college football season right around the corner it won't get here soon enough for me.
Thanks

What satellites are you looking at? Chattanooga, NBC 3.1, CBS 12.1 and Fox 61.1, are on the satellite at 61.5. If you are on the Western arc, you are seeing 110, 119 and 129, but not 61.5. That is likely why you are not getting your HD locals, SD locals are on 110 spotbeam in mpeg2 and on 61.5 in mpeg4, HD locals are on 61.5 only. You may need to re-aim your dish to receive the Eastern arc to receive 61.5 along with 72.7 and 77, or switch to a Dish 500 for 110 and 119 and a 2nd dish for 61.5. If you choose the eastern arc option you will get the same channels you now receive plus Chattanooga HD locals, however all of your receivers on your account will need to be vip series HD receivers because all the channels on both HD and SD use mpeg 4 and can not be viewed on legacy receivers, they only display in mpeg 2.

I have all HD receivers - one 722 and the other two are VIP 211's. So the Chattanooga locals are available now, huh? So I must be aimed wrong. I'm aimed at whatever the install guys originally aimed it at so I guess I'm going to have to try my hand at a re-alignment then. So let me get this straight - I am probably currently am aimed at 110, 119 and 129 and I need 61.5, 110 and 119. Is this correct? If I re-aim it will I still get the regular definition locals as well? I won't lose any channels if I move off of the 129 satellite?

I have all HD receivers - one 722 and the other two are VIP 211's. So the Chattanooga locals are available now, huh? So I must be aimed wrong. I'm aimed at whatever the install guys originally aimed it at so I guess I'm going to have to try my hand at a re-alignment then. So let me get this straight - I am probably currently am aimed at 110, 119 and 129 and I need 61.5, 110 and 119. Is this correct? If I re-aim it will I still get the regular definition locals as well? I won't lose any channels if I move off of the 129 satellite?

If you just had your system installed this summer, I would have thought that the installers would have already placed you on the Eastern arc of 61.5, 72.7 and 79, but if they had you should be getting Chattanooga HD locals, they were turned on several months ago. Since they may have aimed your dish at the wrong set of satellites for this area, I would call them and have them change the dish for you. I would first go into your menu and check which satellites you are looking at however.

I've had my system for about 1 1/2 + years so it was probably before the newest satellite was being used. I didn't realize you can go into the menu and check with birds are being used so I'll check it out. I really appreciate the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)