Chattanooga OTA NBC & ABC. Please help!

AshaNeOmah

Oct 10, 2008
Long story to follow....

I moved into a new townhome in early October of last year. I subscribed to Dish, not knowing that two of my locals were not available in HD. After installation, I purchased a medium-size ChannelMaster outdoor antenna. Here are the setups I attempted.

1. Test: Antenna in my living room floor. No channels I wanted were recieved.
2. Test: Antenna on my front yard. I recieved the channels but reception was bad.
3. On carport roof: This worked for me. I had both WRCB (NBC) and WTVC (ABC) in HD with reception I could tolerate.

After about two weeks, I lost the signal. The exterior wall of my second story partially blocks the direction toward Chattanoooga. I moved the antenna to the carport roof of my neighbor, which does not block the direction toward Chattanooga. No luck there. I placed it on the second story roof and still have no signal. Today, I purchased a Radio Shack pre-amp with up to 30 dB gain. Installed it on the antenna, and still did not recieve the signal.

Here's the variables. On my own carport, I had less cable running from the antenna. Approx 40 feet. Less signal loss. On the neighbor's roof, more cable, more signal loss. Approx 100 ft. I am using diplexers to bring the signal into the house and the break it up at the reciever. I can attach the cable to the 722 recieveer or my TV. It really doesn't matter.

Now the real question. What happened to my channels? My hometown is Trenton, GA. I will be happy to give my address in a PM if some is willing to troubleshoot with me. Antennaweb states I will not get these in HD, but i have had them as recently as Thanksgiving.

I will check this frequently and update with any addition info needed. Thanks for any help anyone may be able to give.

EDIT #1: I believe all the parts are working. I am recieveing the local TBN affiliate, which is the closest transmitting tower from my home.

Last edited:
New question then... I hear that you can "move" to adjust your local stations. How does this work? Will they send my bill to the new address? I can turn off paper billing, so this may not be a problem. What needs to be done to "move"?

"moving" involves finding a new address so that you can get other locals. The only problem is that almost all of the LIL signals are spotbeamed so you have make sure that you are in the spotbeam and can get the TP, and you can only get one local package. Check The List to see where your spotbeam is and then check the signal strengths of all the transponders. As far as OTA is concerned, I found this website very helpful
TV Fool - Home
You can put your address in and it will give you a good idea of what you should be able to pick up OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)