Not installed yet

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Well Dish said that the install would be last Sunday, when they sent me the confirmation e-mail they had me for a 110-119, after I had told the CSR that the only thing that would work at my location was a 61.5. I was assured that the installer would know the area and bring the proper equipment. Well he shows up to do a 110-119, and wouldn't know the area because he was from NC. He even had the wrong STB's. Was told that it would be on Wednesday instead, well that has come and gone- no show, no call. I called last night and told them to cancel the order/install and they said the usual " Sorry-Sorry-Sorry" someone will call you on Friday morning and come out and do the install, well it's Friday afternoon, I would at least expect a call by now, guess I could call and try to cancel again and maybe have someone call by tomorrow, play this game for a couple weeks or so, and then give up. The world of communication gets better by the day

branchbouncer,

Are you still with Adelphia/Comcast?

Yes we are but the price increases have been crazy, in the past year. When we first got Adelphia our whole pak-everything- was 147.00 it has now gone too a couple bucks under 200.00- 198.00 too be exact. The only things that we watch are the local HD channels and the Nationals, young kids watch Disney, Nick and that is about it. You have a good memory, remembering that I had Adelphia/switch to Comcast. Hope yu are doing good in Texas

Well I talked to the Philippines last night, for quite awhile,(calmly) and was told that she has me down for tomorrow (Sunday). I asked why someone told me that I was too get a call Friday, which never happened, and I really never got a straight answer from her(she did speak very good english). She was sure that this time it was to be an EA install, and whats really nice is when I asked what type of equipment(STB's) the installer was bringing she told me 2-211's and 2-722's, I told here that wasn't right because I didn't want to spend more than they had already charged my card, which was 99.00, she said that there would not be any other charge which I find hard to belive. unless that was for jerking me around for three days. Sunday should be interesting

The EA dish only has 3 out puts from the LNB. The 722 is a dual receiver that only needs one cable from the dish to the receiver to provide signal to 2 tuners. 722 only provdes HD resolution to 1 tuner,being the 1 where the STB is located the other signal is backfeed to the other tuner in SD only.If you have 4 HD tuners and want HD resolution to all tuners you will need a 44 switch to get 4 hd to 4 tuners

LNB= 3 outs to 44 switch =4 outputs to 4 receivers.211 x 4

LNB+3 outputs to 2 x 211s + 1 722 = 3 oututs for 4 tuners

Call them back and have WO modified and do not let them try to charge you for switch.

Ea dishes and HD eqiup. are standard install equip now no matter what type of programming you will receive HD or SD.

2 211s + 2 722s gives you 6 rm capabillity.Unless otherwise stated ie; install 2 722 receivers to 1 tuner only. You will have to pay for the additional dual receiver approx. $700.00.

Thanks UnSat for the info, I explained to the lady there had not be any other charges and she assured me there wouldn't be. For whats it worth she gave me her operator number

I would call the 1 800 number and go over the order one more time.Not knowing the financial arrangement you have I can tell you this.Dish will not lease more than 4 rm install anything more requires you to pay for the equip. 722 are DVR you have to pay a DVR fee.CSR sometimes make mistakes you would only being doing yourself and the Tech a favor by checking things over one more time.In this instance no surprise is a good surprise.

As for the 722 DVR and the fee--Thats why I asked for 4-211's I can add the EX hard drive and activate the service on all 211's for 39.00 and pay no monthly DVR fees, we don't really use DVR's. We have had 4 DVR's with Comcast for three years and only my teenage daughter has recorded any thing. Not going to call and have them go over the order again, if it's gonna be screwed up I'm sure it will happen. When the installer arrives if he doesn't have the proper equipment, I will just stop the install. It's probably going to be the same gentleman that came out the first time last Sunday with a bad WO and the wrong equipment. I just give 50.00 and send him on his way, finanically it will probably be better than working at my place for a couple hours in 20 degree weather

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)