cheap place to get quad lnbf?

breathe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
besides ebay? I am going to be hooking two 522's to one dish, but it only has a dual lnbf right now. Unless there is another way to do this. Also, can someone help me out, how do i run one cable only to the dish? I have all the pieces from a previous install, but not sure if the cable was plugged into 119, or 110. Which should i use?? Zip code 86401

well, if you want to use 2 lnies to each recever, a quad works fine

Or get a DPP Twin (Dish ProPlus) and a couple separators. Then all you need is one line to each receiver (and then use the separator :)

i believe there is already a dpp twin up there. Now how would i do this, there is a connection for 110* and 119*, currently the first 522 is ran from the 119*. How would i hook up the 2nd 522? I tried splitting the 119* line for both, it worked half ass, but caused the signal to keep dropping on both receivers. Do i just run a cable into 110*?

NO SPLITTERS ALLOWED!!

The DP Twin has a dp logo, the DPP Twin says dp Plus.

If the first 522 has just one run of RG6 with a DPP Separator behind the receiver you either have a DPP Twin or an external DPP44. Hook the second one up the same as the first with its own run of RG6. Connect it to the 110 output. The internal DP Plus switch allows both receivers to view either 119 or 110, or a 3rd satellite if you connect another dish to the input.

BobaBird said:
NO SPLITTERS ALLOWED!!
The DP Twin has a dp logo, the DPP Twin says dp Plus.
If the first 522 has just one run of RG6 with a DPP Separator behind the receiver you either have a DPP Twin or an external DPP44. Hook the second one up the same as the first with its own run of RG6. Connect it to the 110 output. The internal DP Plus switch allows both receivers to view either 119 or 110, or a 3rd satellite if you connect another dish to the input.
it is a dpp twin, and the first 522 is on one run of g6 with the dpp separator, planning on doing this with the 2nd as well....

so if i understand you right, i can plug the 2nd 522 into the 110 output and it will either?

so what i basically need to do is run sat 2 the exact same way as sat 1, but plug into 110 output instead of 119 correct?

so what is the device that will send this signal to tv two?

basically from the dish to this device one output goes to the receiver and then travels back through the cable to the output for tv two

i know ive seen it, my last dish install was like this, but i didnt grab the piece that split it into two

There are 3 ports on the dpptwin, 2 are side by side and those are out ports while the one by itsself is an inport that can run to a wing dish for input from a dp lnbf, that single port is not a 110 port.

diplexers aren't expensive

That's certainly a decent price for diplexers.
I think I paid $3 each for mine, and thought I got a good bargain! :)

so i went and look, it is a dp twin, not a dpp twin. the install is very weird, has two cables running from satellite, one goes to a diplexor the other goes god knows where, then at the receiver is another diplexor that looks like its trying to do what a seperator does....i think i may look into a dpp twin, any cheap costs on these?

Before you start running around buying junk, how about looking CLOSELY at what's on the back of your receiver.

A diplexer will handle ONE satellite feed and ONE VHF/UHF feed.

If you do NOT have a total of THREE coax cables coming out of the back of your 522 and going to something then your install is farkled!

Also, report back with what the Check Switch screen tells you your equipment is.

I realize that this can be frustrating, but after all, it IS rocket science, and if you can't spend the time on it, then call a pro. :)

this is a DP twin, check switch verifies this as well as me actually walking out and looking at it. hooked the 2nd 522 to the 100 output and it caused all the receivers to go crazy

If it's a DP Twin, BOTH of it's outputs are needed to drive the first 522, and no separators can be used. You can NOT hook another receiver of any kind into that system and epect anything to hook correctly.

You need to either replace the DP-Twin with a DPPlus-Twin, or add a DP34 switch.

Neither is particularly expensive.

okay guys, please help me understand the current installation at this house..

I got a DPP Twin now (from and old install i had done (still had the dish).

Now the current install goes as such:

two cables are running from the satellite. One cable is running into a diplexor which two other cables are hooked into. The second cable from the satellite is running into a separate cable and goes god knows where. now, in the living room (where the current 522 is) there are two cable outlets. from one outlet, there is a cable ran to a diplexor, then from the diplexor to tv1 and tv2 inputs on the 522. The tv2 OUTput is ran to the second cable outlet in the room, and from there im not sure where it goes.

can anyone shine some light on where that second output on the dish goes?

I know how to install the dpp twin and use diplexors and separators, but i dont want to screw the current install, and want to have an idea of what is what.

make sense??

nevermind, i figured it out, turns out tv2 and the tv2 input on 522 was diplexed.

all is good now.