Cheap short term HD solution?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
Delaware
I'm almost ignorant to HD, so you'll have to bear with me.

We have two or three OTA stations that are broadcasting in HD and digital around here, and I was wondering if there was a cheap antenna I could purchase that could pull those signals in and be viewable on my digital (not hd) TV.

Well, if your TV is not HD, then it's highly unlikely you have any equipment with an HD tuner. If that is the case, then I'm afraid the answer is no. If somehow you DO have an HD tuner, then you should be able to use a small antenna as you say, such as a "silver sensor" or something.

BC...don't you have a 921....In which case he would have an HD OTA tuner.

BC let us know what equipment you have...E* receiver and monitor.

BC,

Go to http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx to see how far and which direction the stations are from you. Antenna Web will give you a catagory of antenna which would be best for your situation.

That way you have an idea if rabbit ears will work or if you need a 160" on a 20' tower.;)

Let us know what type they recommend and we can give you some suggestions.

No HD monitor.. just a TV with digital TV inputs. I also have a 721, not a 921.

I was just thinking that it could down convert the signal from HD into digital quality because it couldn't handle HD.

Checked antennaweb. The Digital stations are in UHF yellow, the closest, and the analog stations are Light green-red UHF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts