Cheaper way to Dish Network package

tarheel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Southeastern NC
Can anyone tell me a cheaper way to this package? Classic Gold 256 - $57.99 Gold HD 256 - 10.00
Platinum HD - 10.00
RTPi,Portuguese 4.00
HD Solo Reciever 14.00
TV2 Reciever Connect.5.00
Dish DVR Service 5.98
Total $106.97 + tax

I have 1 VIP 622 with 2nd connection & 2 VIP 211's. Any help will be greatly appreciated. James

It appears you don't have the 622 connected to a phone line or to the internet. Connecting would save you $5 per month. You could also sign up for DVR Advantage. That gives you your locals and one DVR fee for $10, saving 98 cents if you want locals. Otherwise, it costs more money if you don't have or need the locals. If you need 3 HD receivers, the above is about as cheap as it can be accomplished. I'd get rid of the Platunum HD myself. It isn't woth $10 as far as I'm concerned. With autopay you can also get Cinemax for 1 cent.

If you're really adventurous, RTPi is broadcast free on AMC4 at 101 degrees. It would cost you about $200 for the dish and receiver though, so unless there's something else on that satellite that you would watch, you might want to keep paying the $4 per month.

tarheel:

Not sure about the whole lowering package cost thing.. Besides the phone connection i dont think theres much else you could do. but i also sub to RTP.. just wondering I was thinking of adding SPT...wondering if you know how different the programming is? I dont wanna add $20 extra for the channel and have it almost identical to RTP. Also if you wanted to go to a lower package, im not sure if its possible because rtp is only available on certain packages.

also if i were you i'd dump the platinum HD.. Only thing that gets my attention in that pack is NHL network, but aint worth $10 lol. But hey, to each his own.

tarheel:

Not sure about the whole lowering package cost thing.. Besides the phone connection i dont think theres much else you could do. but i also sub to RTP.. just wondering I was thinking of adding SPT...wondering if you know how different the programming is? I dont wanna add $20 extra for the channel and have it almost identical to RTP. Also if you wanted to go to a lower package, im not sure if its possible because rtp is only available on certain packages.

also if i were you i'd dump the platinum HD.. Only thing that gets my attention in that pack is NHL network, but aint worth $10 lol. But hey, to each his own.
My wife is from the Azores & she is the one watching RTPi. I watch it with her some but I don't understand much. I have seen SPT in previews & in Sao Miguel. The have newer Tellenovelas & shows the develope. RTPi is more like Public Tv, That's why it's so cheap. RTPi has more news & talk, but the Portuguese love to talk anyhow. Thanks for info on phone hook up & I think I may drop Platinum HD. Thanks, James

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)