Cheapest way to get Superdish?

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
Does anyone know what the cheapest way to get a Superdish to get the channels on the 121 satellite?

The current promotion is getting Superdish for free if I renew my contract for a year... I don't think I want to do that.

or Pay $199 retail

I also have a spare FTA Ku dish that I can probably re-aim for the 121 satellite... if successful, how do I connect its signal to combine with the Quad DISH Pro setup I have for 119/110 satellites?

well....

If you want the channel on all of them, you need some major reconstruction done. You would need to replace the DP Quad with 2 Legacy duals and a SW64.

If you want it one one receiver...replace the DPQuad with a Legacy Quad and use a SW21

Look on Ebay you can get SuperDishes for less. I was able to pick up one for about $70. You will need a DP34 switch, scout around for a cheap one of them too.

If you dont have AT180 all you need is a DP-21 with the cheap $70 SuperDish to get the locals and main 119 channels. Maybe you could sell the 110 lnbf for what the DP-21 would cost you. I would like to get some 105 DishPro lnbf's (or maybe some legacy Ku lnbf's as well).

What if I have one or two receivers that needs the 121 location but don't need the other main 110/119 locations.. can I simply use the FTA dish? Does the receiver need to see either 110/119 to be functional?

smooth28la said:
What if I have one or two receivers that needs the 121 location but don't need the other main 110/119 locations.. can I simply use the FTA dish? Does the receiver need to see either 110/119 to be functional?

no and no

a FTA receiver will not be able to get the scrambled Dish Network programming.

Are you trying to get locals or international programming off of 121?

121 Chinese programming.

Yes, I meant using FTA dish to get 121 only to feed DISH 501 receiver.

smooth28la said:
121 Chinese programming.

Yes, I meant using FTA dish to get 121 only to feed DISH 501 receiver.

yes you can. I did it one day to a 301 just to see if it would work and it did. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts