Check for Functioning LNB on Manhattan 1000?

RichardT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
How do I check? At a users home, got no picture from the Manhattan 1000. Brought it home to set it up for reception from G19, and it works beautifully, 13 channels, with a single signal bar of 86. Other receivers have have two signal measures, strength and quality, strength to indicate functioning LNB, quality for the proper satellite reception. Or do I need to take a different receiver to check out the cable/lnb/dish positioning?

Are SkyAngel lnb's compatable with GloryStar receivers, or are they a different breed like the receivers are?

Thanks, and have a good weekend.

We have very little support other than G19 aiming instructions for the Manhattan receiver as it was sold by 3ABN in the early 90's.

The Manhattan receivers were not very user friendly and the single signal meter on the 1500 model makes the unit pretty useless for trouble shooting. Testing the customer's LNBF on your preaimed dish could provide additional trouble shooting information, but otherwise I would just swap a spare LNBF or test the customer's system with a more user friendly receiver.

Thanks for responding. Not a total surprise; just hoping you might know something about this that I didn't. Swapping the LNB with a known good one just for testing was something I hadn't considered, but in this case, swapping receivers would be simpler for me. I would have to remove the LNB from an operating system, then restore and realign. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)