Check switch error on 61.5 on VIP622

glee989302

Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Norwich, CT
Last night I recieved an error message that I might have a bad switch and all I get is a check switch error that I can't get out of. When I run the test I get 3 sats on input 2 110, 119, and 61.5 but I get a just 110, and 119 on input 1 (with an X where 61.6 would be).
Suggestions anyone?
I have one wire coming into a little splitter thing that goes to the 2 inputs on the VIP622.
I then disconnected the switch and ran the one wire into input 1 and I get 3 sats Then I ran the same one wire to input 2 and I get 3 sats on that input.

Bad 622? bad switch? bad LNB?

HELP!!!

sounds like you're using the dish pro seperator but do not have a dish pro plus switch, which is either the DPP44 or the DPP Plus LNB

Last edited:
Now I get the error backwards...I get 3 good inputs on input one and just 2 for input two.
Do you guys think its the separator or the LNB? What do you think is more likely? I have a DPP LNB BTW
and thanks for the help!!

I just now had my 622 installed about an hour ago. Super nice guy, and great reception. However when he left I ran this system test, and I too get a red x with the error under the 61.5, even though I get good signal from 61.5 when I run the point dish test. We have no cloud cover (nice day), and as I said the channels seem to come in good.

Were you doing my install yesterday? Guys worked on it for a couple hours and couldn't figure it out. Same exact thing happening to me. Tried different separators and a different receiver to no avail. Phone support said maybe the LNB on the primary dish.

I rebooted, including unplugging, and went thru the entire download process of whatever it does, when it is going thru each transponder, etc, and whatever it did when it reboots, I now get a good signal with all 3 satellites. That is a relief....and my HDMI/DVI cable is working so far. I have read where that is an issue. So far so good, and I am happy. Now to spend awhile learning to use this DVR this afternoon. Cool!!

Last edited:
sdefor01 said:
The unplugging/reboot worked for me too! Thanks skyeblues! :D
This I found as only a temporary solution. I retested by performing another Check Switch and it would only work on either tuner 1 or 2 again. Now that it is Monday, It is working fine.

Check Switch Error on 61.5

Hello,

I recently upgraded from my old single tuner HD receiver to Vip622.
I have another receiver 625 (SD DVR) connected as well. One Dish 1000 system and another Dish 500 for 61.5 (International Channels).

I have a DPP44 switch connected and also DPPlus splitter for Vip622.

The system worked fine for about 1 month and I wud get all the signals properly from all 4 satellites 119,110,129 and 61.5

For last 1 month I have this problem where as soon as try to go to any channel from 61.5, it wud fail to acquire signal. When I do Check Switch, it will give me "Conn" AND "X" for the 61.5 slot and rest are all OK. After a few repeated hard boots and Check Switches , I would get all 4 satellites OK. This is a very inconsistent problem, but seems to happen daily now. Sometimes on Check Switch, I run into Error 502, where Satellite Input 1 will give OK for all 4 Satellites, but Satellite Input 2 Will fail to lock 61.5 and the only way to come out of this is to remove one of the inputs from the back of Vip622 and then the receiver will work properly, but only with 1 Tuner. Also, when this problem happens, both my SD receiver and 622 will have similar issues. Even SD receiver will fail to lock onto 61.5 on Check Switch.

Anyone with any kind of suggestion?

Any help is greatly appreciated. This problem is very frustrating..

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)