Check Switch Failure -- Help Me, My wife is getting ANGRY!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

micqn

Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
Actually, I have a couple statements and then a question.

STATEMENT:

I have a Dishnetwork 500 DP LNBF on the roof. Two coaxi coming out o' the LNB and into the house. In the house I have one coax going into one reciever and the other coax is passing through a DC pass splitter and then going to two different receivers. One receiver or the other receiver on the DC Pass splitter gives me a switch error the other doesn't (it picks and chooses which receiver gets the error). I replaced the receivers thinking it was the recievers with a problem but the the problem continues.

After cramming this through my head for a while I have come to logically believe my problems lie with the fact that my current LNBF cannot support three recievers and if so Dishnetwork technical support sucks.

So looking into this issue, I was told that I need to get a "LEGACY LNB" and run the two lines from that into a DP switch that (one with four reciever outputs) and then connect the recievers to that, only then would there be no problems; I would recieve both sats on all the receivers, we could all hold hands and then we would have world peace.

So as I understand it, a LEGACY LNB does not have a built-in switch; it just has a "pick-up" for satellites 110 and 119 and the actual switch needs to be installed in another location.

QUESTION:

1 - Am I correct in my assumptions?

2 - If I am, just to make sure I get what I need and cuz I'm kinda weird, in order for my setup to work I need a ________ LNB and a DP____ switch in my basement to connect my three and possibly more receivers to.

Thanks and later :hatsoff: ~

micqn said:
Actually, I have a couple statements and then a question.

STATEMENT:

I have a Dishnetwork 500 DP LNBF on the roof. Two coaxi coming out o' the LNB and into the house. In the house I have one coax going into one reciever and the other coax is passing through a DC pass splitter and then going to two different receivers. One receiver or the other receiver on the DC Pass splitter gives me a switch error the other doesn't (it picks and chooses which receiver gets the error). I replaced the receivers thinking it was the recievers with a problem but the the problem continues.

After cramming this through my head for a while I have come to logically believe my problems lie with the fact that my current LNBF cannot support three recievers and if so Dishnetwork technical support sucks.

So looking into this issue, I was told that I need to get a "LEGACY LNB" and run the two lines from that into a DP switch that (one with four reciever outputs) and then connect the recievers to that, only then would there be no problems; I would recieve both sats on all the receivers, we could all hold hands and then we would have world peace.So as I understand it, a LEGACY LNB does not have a built-in switch; it just has a "pick-up" for satellites 110 and 119 and the actual switch needs to be installed in another location.

QUESTION:

1 - Am I correct in my assumptions?

2 - If I am, just to make sure I get what I need and cuz I'm kinda weird, in order for my setup to work I need a ________ LNB and a DP____ switch in my basement to connect my three and possibly more receivers to.

Thanks and later :hatsoff: ~

OMG, please please tell me that someone from Dish tech support really didn't tell you to hook-up a Legacy LNB to a DP switch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)