check switch info needed

navy8ball

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 28, 2003
Henryetta,OK. 74437
i have 3 508 receiver's and 1 510 with quad pro lnb. everything was working great but went to system info just for the hell of it.119 was green but when 110 finished it was red showing error and saying to run check switch. i did this had 91 signal reception on 110 and 117 reception on 119. everything checked out ok. i did this on each reciever and had same results with 110 showing red with error.after running check switch on each receiver i went to system info again and everthing showed green with no errors. next day i tried it again and the red error showed up again with check switch.the only problems i have experienced in the last year are some shows that are set to record at midnight do not record can anyone advise me as to next step.all receivers have 308 software except one which is 309.all are turned off at night.

navy8ball said:
i have 3 508 receiver's and 1 510 with quad pro lnb. everything was working great but went to system info just for the hell of it.119 was green but when 110 finished it was red showing error and saying to run check switch. i did this had 91 signal reception on 110 and 117 reception on 119. everything checked out ok. i did this on each reciever and had same results with 110 showing red with error.after running check switch on each receiver i went to system info again and everthing showed green with no errors. next day i tried it again and the red error showed up again with check switch.the only problems i have experienced in the last year are some shows that are set to record at midnight do not record can anyone advise me as to next step.all receivers have 308 software except one which is 309.all are turned off at night.

I would try to start recording your midnight shows a few minutes before midnight in order not to have any confusion as to what day the start is.

Those receivers were issued the P3.08 software on Mar.30/06.
They were issued a P3.09 on May 17/06.
I would try and have them all on the same software issue. Turn off power and leave a/c plugged in for receivers not updated and wait about half an hour for them to update.

This will take some time but should fix things.
Disconnect the Sat. In cable from the back of all 4 receivers.
After all receivers have the Sat. In cable removed, go to one receiver and perform a check switch.
When that is finished, connect the Sat.In cable to that receiver and do another check switch. Then wait for the acquiring signal and guide download.
When this is finished, turn off this receiver power and disconnect Sat.In cable.

Go to 2nd receiver and repeat steps from 1st receiver. When finished with double switch testing, turn off power and disconnect Sat.In cable.

Do the same with 3rd receiver and finally 4th receiver.

When all receivers have been done, connect the Sat.In cables to all receivers and turn on their power. After they are on line and ready to go, you should be fine.