check switch only doing 4 tests, not 38??

pjwinstalls

Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
ny
I hooked up a new vip211 to a 1000.4 dish that is already installed with another receiver working fine. When i run the check switch on the vip211, it shows green on the three sats, and it shows the correct switch, but when i click done and go back, it doesnt do the downloading program guide thing.....it just goes to aquiring satellite and it only looks at 61.5 transponder 14 for 5 test then black screen telling me at activate. On the other receivers when it does the acquiring signal thing, it will look at all three sats. Also, once it finishes the acquiring singal, the need to activate message is on the screen and i cant do anything...menu, guide, etc...... i have to reset. Any ideas??

p.s. Software is up to date because it did do that the first time i tried setting it up

I hooked up a new vip211 to a 1000.4 dish that is already installed with another receiver working fine. When i run the check switch on the vip211, it shows green on the three sats, and it shows the correct switch, but when i click done and go back, it doesnt do the downloading program guide thing.....it just goes to aquiring satellite and it only looks at 61.5 transponder 14 for 5 test then black screen telling me at activate. On the other receivers when it does the acquiring signal thing, it will look at all three sats. Also, once it finishes the acquiring singal, the need to activate message is on the screen and i cant do anything...menu, guide, etc...... i have to reset. Any ideas??

p.s. Software is up to date because it did do that the first time i tried setting it up

PJwinstalls,

The 1000.4 Dish use only Dish Pro Plus LNBF's and internal switches. This means all receivers hooked up to it must be VIP receivers. The VIP211 qualifies and can use the signals from the 1000.4 Dish. When a receiver does a Check switch routine when connected to a DPP LNBF and or DPP Switch it will only do 4 Switch checks.

If your Vip211 is brand new you must call Dish to activate the receiver. All new receivers must be activated ONLY AFTER the receiver downloads and installs its Firmware.

I believe you need to call Dish to activate the Receiver, once you do the Receiver will operate and Download the program guide. I will suggest once your receiver is activated and all your channels are viewable (Sometimes it takes a few extra minutes to get your Locals, RSN's and premiums). Once your receiver is receiving all its channels redo the switch check and the receiver will download the Program guide again for all your subscribed channels.

A Receiver will only do the 38 Switch Checks when connected to Legacy LNBF's and or Switches. Unless your Satellite Dish('s) are really old and or you had previously used Non VIP receivers you will not likely have Dish Pro Plus Dishes or Dish Pro Plus Switches.

John

why does my vip211k and vip612 do 38 switch checks though? Why when aquiring satellite signal show all 3 sats when acquiring but this one only show 61.5?

He has a 1000.4 which is DPP so it should only do four. Yet they do 38 and work. Strange.

front panel reset, should come up on point dish screen. run your check switch test and then exit back to point dish screen. then verify the signal bar is green and shows "locked - echostar xx" and then exit the point dish screen. last step is crucial. if it just say "locked - name not acquired, it will just exit to menu instead of exit to 055 message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts