Check switch Status progress

I'm also having this same issue. I ran an RG6 coax from port 1 on the Hybrid LNB, to the "TO ODU" port on the Hybrid Solo Hub. From the hub's "TO HOST" port, I ran a short RG6 coax to the Hopper 3. I have both "TO CLIENT" ports terminated with a 75 ohm terminator. I remove and then plug the Hopper into power & after multiple "Hopper" logo screens, it finally hangs on the "Check Switch Status Progress" screen. I tried bypassing the hub by inserting a barrel connector between the Hopper's short coax & the LNB coax resulting in the same hang at the "Check Switch" screen. I get the same results if I have nothing connected to the Hopper 3.

Shouldn't this "Check Switch" pass with the hub & LNB laying on the floor next to the Hopper with no SAT signal at all or is there more to this test that requires a SAT signal to be present? Thank you for any information that you can share with me!
You need to have the satellite signal

Reactions: mblasing
You need to have the satellite signal
Thank you for the quick reply. The Hopper 3 is a new animal for me & I have found very little technical information about it. The lone diagnostic screen that is available, makes it a little difficult to understand what is going wrong. Thanks again!

I need a little help here. I am having the same issue. I installed the lnb and switch the check switch will hang up or come back with installation error message no satellite. Do I have to repeak the satellite after installing the hybrid lnb?

When my installer ran into the Port 1 issue on my Hopper 3 install, I could understand it because he used the two coax lines coming down from the antenna on the roof and they weren't marked by the original installer to identify Port 1 from Port 2. He had a 50% chance of getting it right and he choose wrong. About the time that I read about the issue here he had been told to switch the connection and the firmware was downloading, much like scottk52's story.

I have the two feeds on the dish . I will be home later today and unhook the 2 one . I turned on the hopper before I installed the switch and was getting satellite 77 . Now it says after I installed the switch error on install . I think it shows the lnb but the switch it says nc.

An eastern arc hybrid LNB doesn't see 77 and only works on a 1000.2 dish.

If you're using a DPP42 then you should have DPP LNB's on the dish.

What exactly is your dish, LNB and switch configuration?

I have the eastern arc Dish that was installed about 4 years ago by Dish. It received 61.5 - 72 and77 . I removed the LNB and installed the eastern arc hybrid on the same bracket on the Dish . I installed a single Duo . One from the Dish the other to the host . I don’t have a Joey yet for the hopper. It was saying 77 and trying to down load the software.

I have the eastern arc Dish that was installed about 4 years ago by Dish. It received 61.5 - 72 and77 . I removed the LNB and installed the eastern arc hybrid on the same bracket on the Dish . I installed a single Duo . One from the Dish the other to the host . I don’t have a Joey yet for the hopper. It was saying 77 and trying to down load the software.

If you were getting 61.5, 72 and 77 then you had a 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish which is not compatible with the EA Hybrid LNB. You will need a 1000.2 dish to get 61.5 and 72 with the wire to the hub connected to port #1 on the LNB.

* There are those who say that they can kludge a 1000.4 dish to take a Hybrid LNB but it's not efficient and is definitely not supported by DISH.

Wait, are you installing a Hopper Duo? If so, you can use your old DPP 1000.4 LNB, and connect the Hopper Duo directly to the LNB. You can add a hybrid hub later, when you are ready to install the Joey.

It’s a Hopper 3 . I ordered a dish 1000.2 yesterday hope to get it in a few days is there any way to hook this up temporarily till the new Dish arrives?

I had the same setup. I cut off the center tab on the plastic LNBF mount and attached the DPH LNBF. The dish will only get 77 at that point. You can re-aim the dish to 61.5 and 72.7 to use until your new dish arrives. I'm running mine that way until my new 1000.2 EA dish arrives as well.

You should get better signal quality with the 1000.2 EA dish when aimed correctly.

Is the 1000.2 the same skew and elevation as the 1000.4 ? My dish is getting delivered this afternoon. On Dish pointer I only found the specs for the 1000.4 .

I'm still using a 1k4 with a dph wa lnb for the h3.

Used a 1k2 arm and 1k2 yoke for my conversion. The arm of the 1k2 fits perfectly down inside the arm of a 1k4. Had to adjust the focal point in and out for optimal signal. It's a tad better than a 1k2, in hindsight it would have been easier to just install the 1k2 and be done with it.

Here is the original post on it.

1000.4 to 1000.2 LNBF conversion

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)