Check switch Status progress

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
yes. Everything is installed. but stuck on
Check switch Status progress

for 15 minutes now! Any ideas folks?

I would check the signal on the LNB. If thats ok I would look at the Hub make sure its all wired correctly. (Or you can take out the Hub temporarly and have the dish go directly to the Hopper 3.

Looks like we got a faulty Hopper 3! Tech is running back to the shop to grab another. He can only get reception error on the signal test page.

Stardust! You are the man! Our tech got back on the ladder and indeed port 1 one was not hooked up! He said it didn't matter on Hopper One. We are onto the next step.

Attachments

• 1454189117679-1340445100.jpg
    1454189117679-1340445100.jpg
    836.7 KB · Views: 1,236
So he didn't know that it had to be connected to the first port? It's usually just a rule of thumb to always use that port anyway.

So he didn't know that it had to be connected to the first port? It's usually just a rule of thumb to always use that port anyway.
I guess not, he said it shouldn't matter. Turns out it does with hopper 3! Thanks guys, you literally got us back on track. Our tech today is a nice young (very young) kid from Eugene Oregon. To bad he had to run back back to the shop for another Hopper 3 we didn't need. So far we are 2 hours into this installation.....

I would check the signal on the LNB. If thats ok I would look at the Hub make sure its all wired correctly. (Or you can take out the Hub temporarly and have the dish go directly to the Hopper 3.
I'm also having this same issue. I ran an RG6 coax from port 1 on the Hybrid LNB, to the "TO ODU" port on the Hybrid Solo Hub. From the hub's "TO HOST" port, I ran a short RG6 coax to the Hopper 3. I have both "TO CLIENT" ports terminated with a 75 ohm terminator. I remove and then plug the Hopper into power & after multiple "Hopper" logo screens, it finally hangs on the "Check Switch Status Progress" screen. I tried bypassing the hub by inserting a barrel connector between the Hopper's short coax & the LNB coax resulting in the same hang at the "Check Switch" screen. I get the same results if I have nothing connected to the Hopper 3.

Shouldn't this "Check Switch" pass with the hub & LNB laying on the floor next to the Hopper with no SAT signal at all or is there more to this test that requires a SAT signal to be present? Thank you for any information that you can share with me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)