Check to see if you can get a FREE 61.5/148 dish installed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just call Dish and go through the prompts to add program packaging so that you get to speak to a CSR. Tell them that you have a couple of local channels you can't get with your current dish and they can check for you to see if you qualify for a free dish... I did it already for mine.

If you have locals on a Superdish (105 or 121) you DO NOT have any locals on the wings, and would not qualify for the free "must carry" dish :)

I would not run out and buy dishes and switches before next week. May as well see what Dish will offer for upgrade to VOOM programming options. In the past they have done upgrades for free with a programming commitment.

Mike4HDTV said:
I have a 942 and a Dish 500.

uh oh...I would try Ebay
You will need a dish, Dishpro dual or DP Single and a DP34

you might want to wait to see if Dish can offer something for the HD group :)

I called Dish and they said for $99 that a 2nd dish can be installed to receive 61.5.

Does the dish face east to get a signal from 61.5?

I'm in the Ft. Lauderdale, FL area.

When Discovery HD first appeared on DISH (with a FREE PREVIEW) it was only on 61.5. I believe this channel was added to the 148 sat about a month later. I live in the California near SF and I do have a LOS to the 61.5 sat, but the dish doesn't point up that high.

Just to be clear on the confusion of the first post, http://ekb.dbstalk.com/143 ( http://www.dbstalk.com/ekb/143 until the DNS of teh sub-directory resolves) is written this way
61.5° 148°
Atlanta, GA (3) Abilene / Sweetwater, TX (5)***
Boston, MA (5) Amarillo, TX*** (7)
Buffalo, NY (2) Billings, MT***(4)
Chicago, IL (6) Cheyenne, WY*** (5)
Cleveland, OH (2) Dallas, TX (1)
Detroit, MI (1) Denver, CO (7)
Greenville, SC (2) Fresno, CA (3)
Indianapolis, IN (1) Grand Junction, CO*** (5)
Louisville, KY (2) Houston, TX (5)
Memphis, TN (1) Idaho Falls / Pocatello, ID*** (5)
Minneapolis, MN (1) Las Vegas, NV (1)
Nashville, TN (2) Little Rock, AR (2)
New York, NY (8) Los Angeles, CA (3)
Orlando, FL (5) Lubbock, TX*** (6)
Paducah, KY (1) Medford, OR***(6)
Philadelphia, PA (5) Omaha, NE (1)
Pittsburgh, PA (1) Rapid City, SD*** (5)
Roanoke, VA (2) Sacramento, CA (2)
St. Louis, MO (2) Salt Lake City, UT (2)
Tampa, FL (5) San Francisco, CA (9)
Washington, D.C. (5) Santa Barbara, CA (1)
- - Seattle, WA (2)
- - Sioux Falls, SD (2)
- - Spokane, WA (2)
- - Tulsa, OK (3)
- - Twin Falls, ID*** (5)
- - Waco, TX (1)

Subscribers with locals in any of the cities' locals package listed above are entitled to a FREE dish, installation and equipment necessary without any conditions EXCEPT "***". Call Dish Network at 1-800-333-DISH

***Cities marked with three asterisks have all the local channels at the side slot location. This means the second free dish with no commitments deal is not in play. Dish may have a special deal available to subscribers but it is not mandatory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)