Check your bill carefully

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
Added a ViP211 on my account.

What a lovely surprise to get my bill with a $59.95 charge for a "Dish Upgrade".

Called CSR to raise hell - they looked for the "documentation" from the installer and could not find any - imagine that as I have never had E* supply me 1 cent in equipment - much less ever seen an installer.

They finally took the charge off the bill - or so they say - but this is about the 4th problem in 4 months I have seen with E* and their billing - the worst being their charge for NHL Center Ice 4 times on the same bill.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Added a ViP211 on my account.

What a lovely surprise to get my bill with a $59.95 charge for a "Dish Upgrade".

Called CSR to raise hell - they looked for the "documentation" from the installer and could not find any - imagine that as I have never had E* supply me 1 cent in equipment - much less ever seen an installer.

They finally took the charge off the bill - or so they say - but this is about the 4th problem in 4 months I have seen with E* and their billing - the worst being their charge for NHL Center Ice 4 times on the same bill.

I had the exact same problem. CSR wanted proof of where I bought my 211, etc. I told her to pound sand. She finally came back and verified I never had an install and "credited" my next bill. We'll see if that actually happens.

I agree. I am going through billing issues now. It appears to me that I was double billed $399 for a VIP 211. They charged my credit card and then also put it on my bill. I haven't been able to straighten this out. I just sent and E-mail to CEO@Dishnetwork.com. I hope this will take care of the issue. The India support center has been dreadful. They just kept repeating the same thing over and over like they were reading from some script. When I kept showing them the numbers didn't add up they go back to the same script. I never received a statement for 1 month because I had a credit balance. When I do the math, the credit amount does not equal $399. India keeps trying to tell me that this statement I did not receive had a $399 credit on is so that is why I did not receive a bill. I had received some other credits that would have given me a credit balance so that is more likely the reason I did not receive a bill, though I would think they should have still sent one so I could see what was on it. I did finally get through to their cancellation department that found I had been double billed for MLB Extra Innings. I still can't get the numbers to add up. I know I had some unique things going on, but it shouldn't be this difficult. The on-line information also does not match what the CSR's are telling me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts