Check your bill

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
I am on automatic pay but I always check it when it's due just as a precaution. I checked this weekend and found the amount was $38 more than it should have been. I called Dish and was told there was a systems error and they would correct it. It's difficult for me to believe my account would be the only one affected by a "systems error" so I would suggest any of you folks on auto-pay should check if the correct amount was charged for you.

I have said this for many years. As a consumer, or business, even if on autopay... Check your bills for accuracy. It is the consumer responsibility to make sure they understand their charges.

I used to be on autopay till I had a $95 service tech charge appear one time with no service tech requested. I quickly changed to manual payment.

I was also on Autopay and they kept charging me for services I didn't use or overcharged constantly. It's like rebates, 90% of the people that get a rebate voucher don't send it in, so they think they got it for a cheaper price but the seller keeps the profit. 8 years ago I dropped Autopay and put in a calendar reminder to go pay Dish a few days before it's due. At which time I check the bill.

And yes, at times it's wrong, but now I have the control. I call and tell them I'm not on Autopay and I won't pay until they adjust the bill and tell me the NEW amount for me to have my bank wire them. Works pretty well...

All companies do it, especially Doctors. I even get a renewal notice for a magazine that I do not subscribe to. I always wonder how many people pay it without noticing.

I had a dentist who was cash only and then started to have insurance paybacks sent to him also. His wife was his accountant and she only disbursed checks at the end of the month so it sometimes took 2 or more months to get reimbursed. I switched. I had Autopay when I was with D* and they would occasionally overcharge me due to "software problems" I was so skeptical about their system that I "lost" the CC they had on file when I quit them because of the many stories about charging for "non returned equipment" I saw. OTOH I've had Autopay with Dish for more than 5 years with no problems.

All companies do it, especially Doctors. I even get a renewal notice for a magazine that I do not subscribe to. I always wonder how many people pay it without noticing.

The biggest scam is that a company calls Saying they are from HP asking what model printer we are using for warranty purposes.

They get the model number from some unsuspecting employee.

Next thing you know you get a toner cartridge shipped to you and a bill in the mail.

I fell for that one once, gave them my model number but a fake company name and contact info because they where annoying me.

They then called 3 months later looking for accounts payable. I just laughed at then because you don't have to pay for anything you didn't order.

Reactions: charlesrshell
dont like autopay.

The ones that I dont get are people like my dad. They have EVERYTHING on auto pay and they don't even look at the bill. Seriously he had Sprint since they took over Nextel and 2 months ago I went online to get his bill (to move him off Sprint) and he hadnt created a Sprint account after they took over. That was....what 8 years ago???

But god forbid its different by .12 and he bitches. He yelled at me (like I have any say) when his cell bill went up like .28 because the county added a 1/2 cent tax. Then he bitched more when he found out my bill didnt change (I still have the lake address as my address which is in a different county)

The biggest scam is that a company calls Saying they are from HP asking what model printer we are using for warranty purposes.

They get the model number from some unsuspecting employee.

Next thing you know you get a toner cartridge shipped to you and a bill in the mail.

I fell for that one once, gave them my model number but a fake company name and contact info because they where annoying me.

They then called 3 months later looking for accounts payable. I just laughed at then because you don't have to pay for anything you didn't order.

I sdold serviced and sold copiers for many years, every now and then a company would call me stating my copier company was low on the toner for my maching. and try to get a card number to pay for more to protect me.

theres a scam born every day,,,,,,,,,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)