Checking Interest

CEV

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
Hi, I am just about ready to switch over to DirecTV so I can get the NFL Sunday Ticket. I currently have like 3 months left on my 2 year contract with Dish Network. I think I'll end up paying $20 for each month that is left on my contract. After I switch, I'll have the dish, 3 basic recievers, and a DVR-510 reciever. I am wondering how easy it will be to sell them and about how much I could get for a good used DVR-510. Is there anyone here that may be interested. There is nothing wrong with these units except for the remote shows visual wear. Also, when I call to cancel, is that when the card gets deactivated?

Thanks,

CEV

You can sell them on eBay, or advertise them in the Classifieds thread,. here at SatGuys.

I would think you can get around $40-50 each for the 301/311 receivers, $75-100 for the 510, and $25 or so for the LNB/Dish.

That'll help pay for whatever the DirecTV gear costs, if any. From what I understand, their standard receivers are free, and DVR's almost free. Even their HD DVR is pretty affordable after rebates and credits.

Thanks for the response, I'll post again when these items are no longer being used to see if anyone wants to make an offer on them.

Thanks,

CEV

Do you own or lease the receivers? If you are leasing them, you will have to return them to DISH when you cancel.

chaddux said:
Do you own or lease the receivers? If you are leasing them, you will have to return them to DISH when you cancel.

I am pretty sure that I own them. I'll double check my bill but I don't think I pay any extra on it for leasing. I know I had to sign up for 2 years to get the DVR for free so I assuming I own them.

CEV

I actually just got my bill today and see no additional charges for leasing equipment. I am 99.9% sure I own all the equipment. I did not even know they leased in the first place. If anyone is interested, let me know. I'll be calling DirecTV very soon to get signed up and then this equipment will be available.

Thanks,

Chad

Well, the deals done!! D* was installed last night and I just got off the phone with E* to have my service turned off. Paid the account up and it's a done deal. The equipment is mine to keep, or should I say sell? Like I said before, I have a DVR510, 3 301's, and the 500 dish itself. I don't know what my best option would be. The 510's have been going for slightly over $100 with what I think is high shipping. But then I would have the auction fees with that. If someone makes a good enough offer here, I think I would rather do that instead of taking the time to put them up on E-Bay. I will sell them seperately as well, so send your offers. Payment will be made by PayPal. You can check my E-Bay feedback rating which is 100%. My username is sho.man. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. They are sold as-is, but worked when I unhooked them.

Thanks,

Chad

CEV said:
I have a DVR510, 3 301's, and the 500 dish itself. I don't know what my best option would be. The 510's have been going for slightly over $100 with what I think is high shipping. But then I would have the auction fees with that. If someone makes a good enough offer here, I think I would rather do that instead of taking the time to put them up on E-Bay. I will sell them seperately as well, so send your offers. Payment will be made by PayPal. You can check my E-Bay feedback rating which is 100%. My username is sho.man. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. They are sold as-is, but worked when I unhooked them.

Thanks,

Chad
Put these in the Classifieds and it will be more likely to be noticed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts