Chicago Bulls (Jordan-era) Radio broadcast games...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

imasalad

Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hey there,

This is a strange (sort of) request, but I am trying to source ANY Jordan-era Chicago Bulls radio broadcasts. I do not even know WHERE to start or how to find out or who to direct the question to.

If anyone can please assist or direct me to the appropriate forum or person / website, etc, I would be most appreciative.

I know that Neil Funk was the main man back then, and tiny bits and pieces of Bulls Radio broadcasts are edited into video clips of Jordan and the Bulls, but I never knew how to obtain copies of these broadcasts.

I really hope they were archived, or at least some of them - really looking forward to any discussion this thread generates.

Kind regards,

imasalad
AUSTRALIA

Hey there,

This is a strange (sort of) request, but I am trying to source ANY Jordan-era Chicago Bulls radio broadcasts. I do not even know WHERE to start or how to find out or who to direct the question to.

If anyone can please assist or direct me to the appropriate forum or person / website, etc, I would be most appreciative.

I know that Neil Funk was the main man back then, and tiny bits and pieces of Bulls Radio broadcasts are edited into video clips of Jordan and the Bulls, but I never knew how to obtain copies of these broadcasts.

I really hope they were archived, or at least some of them - really looking forward to any discussion this thread generates.

Kind regards,

imasalad
AUSTRALIA

SO was Jim Durham, he use to split it with them and the defunked Chicago Sportschannel...(I user to work for SportsChannel in Chicago).

I am pretty sure that unless someone recorded it personally, you won't find any. They are the property of the NBA and they probably won't sell them.

Jim Durham would have had the first three championships and before as it's his call you hear when you see Jordan hit the buzzer beater from near the free throw line against the Cavs in the playoffs. I believe it would have been Neil Funk for the second set of three championships and going forward.

I came across this link that hopefully will at least be of some assistance. It's an online Bulls media guide. Both tv and radio broadcast history is on page 396, the 5th page in... Good luck and hope this helps.

http://www.nba.com/media/bulls/12media_0708.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies thus far.

Yes, Durham was indeed another of the callers on radio for the Bulls...I was referring to Funk in terms of the 2nd three-peat.

I am after copies of recorded broadcasts - I already have hundreds of Bulls games on DVD from that era, however would love to get some radio broadcasts in my collection, as I often prefer hearing the Bulls commentators (TV or radio) over the "away" telecasts or National TV games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)