Chicago HD Locals, (Now macroblocking)

parrothd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
OK,

I've been a subscriber to dish for almost 30 days and since I began I've been getting macroblokcing and loss of picture on my HD locals. I called dish, a tech came out and realligned the dish for 129. Now my signal strength is around 90 for 129 and things are better, but I still get macroblocking and audio dropsouts on anything thats been recorded on the DVR. Not sure about live tv, I rarely watch live tv.

My girl friend is getting annoyed because all of her shows are on the locals. The PQ looks good, however I can't believe dish subscribers would pay extra for the HD locals like this.

Am I just spoiled with my comcast service or is there something else I can do. I hate paying for two services, the DISH dvr is great, but I'd rather have a clear picture than an great DVR...

If you didn't have a strong signal on 129 at the time you recorded it, then the programs in the DVR are still going to have pixelation and audio dropouts.

Watching live TV are you still having problems after the dish was realigned?

If you didn't have a strong signal on 129 at the time you recorded it, then the programs in the DVR are still going to have pixelation and audio dropouts.

Watching live TV are you still having problems after the dish was realigned?

Yes, this is AFTER the dish has been realigned...Lost/law&order on NBC..

chicago hd

i have absolutely no problem with my local hd stations from chicago. check your audio and video cables, are the connections tight, is it a high quality cable, do you have a subwoofer near the cables? these can contribute to your symptoms. can you tell us this: watch the program in live tv mode, and see if the problem still exists? if you only get the problem from recordings, then i would say its something with the dvr, not the signals.

i have absolutely no problem with my local hd stations from chicago. check your audio and video cables, are the connections tight, is it a high quality cable, do you have a subwoofer near the cables? these can contribute to your symptoms. can you tell us this: watch the program in live tv mode, and see if the problem still exists? if you only get the problem from recordings, then i would say its something with the dvr, not the signals.

I record a lot of stuff from the RAVE channel(which is also on 129) there never seems to any problems with recorded shows. Just with the locals.... :(

It's not constant macroblocking on the locals, last night was about 2-4 times per hour, just enough to be an annoyance...

I don't see the dropouts. but I mostly only watch the CBS HD local from Dish, since I can get the rest OTA. Not that it's any excuse for the dish problems, but would you consider an antenna to pick them up OTA?

I don't see the dropouts. but I mostly only watch the CBS HD local from Dish, since I can get the rest OTA. Not that it's any excuse for the dish problems, but would you consider an antenna to pick them up OTA?

Allready do, my girl friend likes to record multiple shows(3) at the same time.. :)

Seems to happen only at night, during the day everything works fine. My current signal strength for 129 is 91, but you can see from the picture below the picture is all messed up..

From the responses I've seen this is a common problem with Dish and their HD local service, guess I'll call tomorrow and canlce thier service...Thank god I didn't cancel my comcast service...

Attachments

• picture.JPG
    picture.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts