Chicago MPEG 4

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called and was supposed to be last Wednesday. When I called Tuesday to reverify D* said they had no install date assigned and scheduled for Monday. I called yesterday to double check them and now they said that something got messed up sending the order to the installers and now they're not sure if Monday will happen or not, they don't know. So I guess wait until Monday and see what happens. What really cheesed me was on the way home Wednesday there was a D* truck on the next street over doing an install of the new dish.

Trade in old HD receiver?

After your mpeg4 upgrades, please advise whether or not you had to give your installer your old HD receiver. Also, will they merely run the 4 lines from the new dish into my existing 4x8 splitter?

Cobra5wood said:
After your mpeg4 upgrades, please advise whether or not you had to give your installer your old HD receiver. Also, will they merely run the 4 lines from the new dish into my existing 4x8 splitter?

Can't answer your question about taking the old receive, I got my H20 from ValueElectroincs ($199 with $200 rebate = free). As for the splitter, my understanding is that the new dish requires a new multiswitch and it will be replaced for free if you have one already.

What did you all pay? Are you getting the dish for free, paying for install, etc...

dentonpc said:
What did you all pay? Are you getting the dish for free, paying for install, etc...

Paying the $99 for the dish and $15 for S/H. I know some folks have been calling retention line and fighting to get stuff for free, I didn't feel like playing that game. I paid $200 for the H20 but will get that back with the $200 rebate from D*.

I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I like how things are now. I get the new york feeds, so I get to watch all the major shows in HD. I get a couple extra football games that normally wouldn't get and could only if I bought the ticket.

What does the new stuff do that I can't already do? It isn't like they are giving us the other locals in HD - just the big 4.

I had a tough time getting the 5lnb dish. I called on Tues. Nov. 22 to order and it was scheduled for the 23rd. They called and cancelled bc they did not have the dish yet in Chicago. They re-ordered and then cancelled again. It was scheduled for last Sat. I called to confirm they had the equipment and the installers were trained. They said yes.

Fri night I get a call and they say they installed all the dishes they had. I was so mad. I called directv and they gave me $190 credit, plus all movie channels free for 4 months. They are not sure when the next shipment of dishes will be in. They rescheduled me for Sat the 10th.

I gets me mad I was one of the first to call and they gave my dish away!

They also said they are sending 2 people. I am guessing this will be a pole in the ground mount.

Was scheduled for 12/5. Got call 12/3 saying APEX was out of AT-9 dishes, not expecting new batch until 12/8, got rescheduled for 12/12.

I talked to APEX directly this morning and mentioned that they needed to do a pole install. First response was that they didn't do pole mounts, you had to go get your own and install it. Then they said, oh that's if you're doing a bucket install, we'll do a pole install. That is unless the ground is too hard/frozen then they won't do the install. Gee, so going forward D* will only do MPEG4 pole installs from April until November, that's going to cut down on their new customers a bit. I sent an e-mail to D* this morning, should be interesting to see what they have to say about that, especially since my original pole was installed in January.

APEX installed on 12/2

I had APEX out for the install on 12/2 (new dish and HD receiver) and everything went perfect with a roof mount. When I talked to the installer for a few minutes before heading out to work and he said they the roof mounting was fine and what he didn't recommend was a side mount (side of house I am assuming).
I called the day I learned the HD Locals were available (from this forum of course) and didn't have any troubles getting it setup once I talked to the installation group - main CSRs had no clue what I was talking aboutAlthough the dish is huge, everything seems to be working well and I am very happy :)

rstokas said:
Fri night I get a call and they say they installed all the dishes they had. I was so mad. I called directv and they gave me $190 credit, plus all movie channels free for 4 months. They are not sure when the next shipment of dishes will be in. They rescheduled me for Sat the 10th.
oh what the heck, i went ahead and gave it a go, Mpeg4 stuff coming my way :)
but lets see who Mpeg4 stuff get installed first, or who steals whos stuff, cause i also scheduled for the sat the 10th :D
All Stuff and install is for Free. :hatsoff:

sat.

well I called today and they said they will have all the equipment for my Sat. install. I am very doubtful, but we will see.

I am happy to report that i am done with the Upgrade today

Install went well, Installer knew what he was doing, Apex installer showed up one hour early :)
install took about 2 hours

Free Upgrade, installer didn't even mention taking my old hd reciever :)
installer also had no problems leaving my old dish went me :)

Yup, installer was complaining the new dish is heavy and big :)

Also everyone is complaining that with the H20, people are getting Audio dropouts with the Dolby digtal enabled,
That is not true, everything works fine, with the audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)