Choice Xtra Classic vs Ultimate

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Been a long time since I’ve posted but need some friendly advice.
Currently I have CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC at $98 after a AT&T Unlimited Plus Video Loyalty Credit of $25. I’m paying $10 for DVR, another $10 for HD, and $3 for whole home DVR. I also realize the price is going up $8 at the end of the month.
I no longer have the Unlimited Plus plan at AT&T and I’m sure my $25 credit will soon disappear once the system catches up with my recent phone plan change.
My question is can I switch to the Ultimate package (which has all the channels I want) for $100/mo (forfeit the $10/mo new customer credit) and keep all my equipment? I don’t want to change anything except keep my bill close to the same or save money perhaps if the new plans include DVR, HD, and Whole Home DVR.

Not that it likely matters but I’ve been with DirecTV over 20 years and I know ownership has changed hands. What’s my best option here to keep my bill as low as possible keeping my equipment as is and channels as close as possible? I’m fine paying for HBO.

Attachments

• 6FBF335F-7E35-4A54-B45C-DD1AE90A3B99.jpeg
    6FBF335F-7E35-4A54-B45C-DD1AE90A3B99.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 149
Your best option would be to call Directv and ask for the Loyalty dept.
See what they can do for you.

IF your willing to re commit (a year or 2) I'm sure they would help you out ...
See what they will do Before talking about a commitment.

Ps, a bunch of people will tell you to drop D* and you can get everything via streaming cheaper.

Reactions: NutFlush920
This is the latest loyalty number that I have use.

(800) 531-5000

Seems like nice people who want to help. Just be kind when dealing with them and explain your needs. They will look into your account and then the computer algorithm will determine what choices they can offer.

Good luck. Sometimes it feels like playing roulette on what is available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tell them you are looking at a competitor offer (Dish 3 year price guarantee) and they'll probably have retention credits of $40 or $50 off per month for a year. Add it to your calendar to call back in a year. Your package is probably a better deal versus changing to Ultimate. Don't mention or change anything related to the AT&T change. With them separating out the DirecTV it could be a while before the system reflects that change (though it could still happen right away). I'm sure you can get a deal if you tell them you are looking at options.

This is the latest loyalty number that I have use.

(800) 531-5000

Seems like nice people who want to help. Just be kind when dealing with them and explain your needs. They will look into your account and then the computer algorithm will determine what choices they can offer.

Good luck. Sometimes it feels like playing roulette on what is available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That number you posted is the Main number everyone uses ...
Ask for the Loyalty dept when the prompt comes on.

Reactions: John2021
Tell them you are looking at a competitor offer (Dish 3 year price guarantee) and they'll probably have retention credits of $40 or $50 off per month for a year. Add it to your calendar to call back in a year. Your package is probably a better deal versus changing to Ultimate. Don't mention or change anything related to the AT&T change. With them separating out the DirecTV it could be a while before the system reflects that change (though it could still happen right away). I'm sure you can get a deal if you tell them you are looking at options.
LOL your idea just worked for me!!! i just got new customer pricing no contract:)

Been a long time since I’ve posted but need some friendly advice.
Currently I have CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC at $98 after a AT&T Unlimited Plus Video Loyalty Credit of $25. I’m paying $10 for DVR, another $10 for HD, and $3 for whole home DVR. I also realize the price is going up $8 at the end of the month.
I no longer have the Unlimited Plus plan at AT&T and I’m sure my $25 credit will soon disappear once the system catches up with my recent phone plan change.
My question is can I switch to the Ultimate package (which has all the channels I want) for $100/mo (forfeit the $10/mo new customer credit) and keep all my equipment? I don’t want to change anything except keep my bill close to the same or save money perhaps if the new plans include DVR, HD, and Whole Home DVR.

Not that it likely matters but I’ve been with DirecTV over 20 years and I know ownership has changed hands. What’s my best option here to keep my bill as low as possible keeping my equipment as is and channels as close as possible? I’m fine paying for HBO.
since when is the ultimate 100.00 a month??? last time i looked it was 159.99 a month on my account...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-05 142516.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-05 142516.png
    268.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
i threatened to goto dish and i told em they have a better DVR and a 3 year price lock. that got em moving ;). i compared packages and ran numbers too and i was like i can get the same package with the same number of rooms for cheaper than you people!!!

you'll just have to call in and play russian roulette and get some csr torchure ;) :facepalm. also i would be willing to bet that there gonna be giving out alot of promo's to try and keep as many subs as possible. since sunday ticket is leaving!!!

i threatened to goto dish and i told em they have a better DVR and a 3 year price lock. that got em moving ;). i compared packages and ran numbers too and i was like i can get the same package with the same number of rooms for cheaper than you people!!!
You should have used YTTV’s pricing of $65 with free DVR and 3 Streams (rooms) plus the fact of ST moving over there, probably would have given you a better deal.

Reactions: John2021
You should have used YTTV’s pricing of $65 with free DVR and 3 Streams (rooms) plus the fact of ST moving over there, probably would have given you a better deal.
While i agree YTTV'S don't have some of the channels i watch:(. and once they fixed everything i have been happy with DTV. though i bitched and complained alot:biggrin..

well i got the entertainment pack for 74.99 a month plus the 14.00 for the two extra mini's. when i threatened to cancel!!! i called charter to just for laughs and see what they would say. and dtv beats charter in my area every time

Reactions: Jimbo