Choosing which Tuner to Record too...

theweAve

Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Ohio
Just got Dish Network again. Got the vip722k HD/DVR & I am having an issue choosing which Tuner to Record to.

I went into the Record Plus & it is Activated & set to Record to TV1. So everything I select to record, records on TV1. I switched Record Preference to TV2 & set a new show to record & it still defaults to TV1. If I disable the Activation on Record Plus & Set the Record Preference to TV2, it will set that new show to record to TV2. But, if I make any changes, like, delete a show that I have set to record, everything goes from record on TV1 to TV2.

When I had Dish about a year and a half ago, I was able to select which Tuner I wanted to record to when I was setting up the recording.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get shows to record on both tuners?

Thanks!!

the*weAve

Search

Just got Dish Network again. Got the vip722k HD/DVR & I am having an issue choosing which Tuner to Record to.

I went into the Record Plus & it is Activated & set to Record to TV1. So everything I select to record, records on TV1. I switched Record Preference to TV2 & set a new show to record & it still defaults to TV1. If I disable the Activation on Record Plus & Set the Record Preference to TV2, it will set that new show to record to TV2. But, if I make any changes, like, delete a show that I have set to record, everything goes from record on TV1 to TV2.

When I had Dish about a year and a half ago, I was able to select which Tuner I wanted to record to when I was setting up the recording.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get shows to record on both tuners?

Thanks!!

the*weAve

You should of done a search and found out the box chooses the tuners not you. You didn't have and HD DVR did you when you were w/ E* before?

No, I didn't have the HD DVR before, just a DVR.

I did search the forums, but all I found were threads with how to watch one show & record one at the same time & that I already know how to do.

I have 2 shows that play @ the same time on the same day & I should be able to record them both. But, it will not let me put one on one tuner & one on the other.

In SINGLE mode the shows will automatically go to tuner 2 first and operate like a dual tuner dvr with PIP features. In DUAL mode you can hit menu ,preferences #8, then Record plus #5 and then you can change which tuner that you want to have as a record preference. In dual mode the timers will usually go to the tv that they were created on. So if you created all your timers on tv 1 (Main tv) they will record on that tv. IF you create timers on tv2 (second tv) they will record on that tv. Sometimes the receiver has to make a decision on which tuner it needs to record on depending on the minutes you add to a timer and selects the one it needs to record on the fly. I don't like to use minutes added to my timers, unless they are ota timers. You can also in DUAL mode you can watch or record the ota tuner if the sat tuner is recording something.

In SINGLE mode the shows will automatically go to tuner 2 first and operate like a dual tuner dvr with PIP features. In DUAL mode you can hit menu ,preferences #8, then Record plus #5 and then you can change which tuner that you want to have as a record preference. In dual mode the timers will usually go to the tv that they were created on. So if you created all your timers on tv 1 (Main tv) they will record on that tv. IF you create timers on tv2 (second tv) they will record on that tv. Sometimes the receiver has to make a decision on which tuner it needs to record on depending on the minutes you add to a timer and selects the one it needs to record on the fly. I don't like to use minutes added to my timers, unless they are ota timers. You can also in DUAL mode you can watch or record the ota tuner if the sat tuner is recording something.

That worked Mike. Thanks!! I needed to go to TV2 & select what I want to record on there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)