Choppy OTA Video on 722

I get a jerkiness on OTA every now and then, but its not like missing frames, it looks like someone is speeding it up and slowing it down. Strange.

722s are known for not being the strongest OTA receiver

Wow, I totally disagree with that statement: my 722 is a kick-butt OTA receiver, clearly and solidly pulling in all of my local HD - including two low-power stations - despite a morass of adjacent channel interference and geographic obstructions. I'm the only one of 8 neighbors that can watch our local CW HD station glitch-free.

The 622's pull in ok, but have been known for not handling high ss very well. I had a breakup issue with my nbc local and the 622, the tv never had any issue and my hr20 handled it fine.

This situation is most commonly due to heat, which I also stated before as one of the possibilities, especially if all feeds are affected. Lots of discussion on that subject here in the forums as well.

So what I am experiencing with my 722 is irrelevant. Is that what you are saying? And because you use a 622 and we a 722, that's also irrelevant. And because your personal experience and in depth knowledge of thermal impact theory, you've summated the data stream's integrity is somehow maintained while being breached?

Your analogy doesn't support digital transmissions integrity. What you are attempting to associate this to is a theorem of thermal impact on analogue signals. Two completely different means of moving content.

While analogue is more forgiving, digital is not. When streams are in flux, data is lost and so is the sync; the mechanisms of checks and balances that maintain digital integrity. The sample rate is adjusted, but here lies the key, there must remain integrity, that is to say, the majority of the stream must remain intact to facilitate what you speak of. Theorem of thermal impact is associated with chaos, random and unpredictable fashioning. Too much of the stream is effected to be a dependable consistent source. The shuttering; dropped frames, in sequential order could not be sustained in a linear presentation in your summation.

If you profess your knowledge is based solely on a reference you've read here and there on this forum, by all means, excuse me, as my knowledge as an engineer is completely irrelevant - You're arguing with the wrong person, here. This conversation has come to an end.

JoeKacz, sorry you've been subjected to all this. Please, contact Dish, escalate the problem to a senior support rep/tech and discuss the anomalies. Please note if the behavior is replicated via live SAT, DVR playback, if the 722 is recording other events when the shuttering is evident on OTA prior to your contact. The more detailed feedback, the more aggressive they become in pursuing such issues.

One would hope a fix is just a patch away.

Regards.

Well, I guess you told him :rolleyes:

If I had a dollar for everyone on this forum that claimed to be an engineer.....

Sometimes, in the field experience with a particular unit over rules what you think you know

Notice his last statement:

One would hope a fix is just a patch away.

Regards.

The station "engineers" must be getting tired of taking the heat for old equipment putting out bad transmissions so they have resorted to signing onto forums and dogging anyone who says it's anything but Dishes equipment.

And he still hasn't read anything I've said. I never said HIS experience meant nothing. There are years of discussion along these lines but here comes the expert to the rescue so don't bother speaking unless you can post your IEEE curriculum vitae. Sheesh! Still no links to anything that will support his stance and claim of expertise.

Well, I guess you told him :rolleyes:

If I had a dollar for everyone on this forum that claimed to be an engineer.....

There's allot of good information here at SatGuys, but on the other hand, there are misleading statements, as well. I find it difficult to comprehend why some insist on spouting disinformation on uninformed matters. Reality, this form should be used to promote education, not to subvert it.

Notice his last statement:

The station "engineers" must be getting tired of taking the heat for old equipment putting out bad transmissions so they have resorted to signing onto forums and dogging anyone who says it's anything but Dishes equipment.

And he still hasn't read anything I've said. I never said HIS experience meant nothing. There are years of discussion along these lines but here comes the expert to the rescue so don't bother speaking unless you can post your IEEE curriculum vitae. Sheesh! Still no links to anything that will support his stance and claim of expertise.

Your intent is appreciated and yes, I've read everything you've said. What you fail to understand, we are exchanging therums - we are having a conversation, a diologue.

Your rudeness and insults, are without question, unnecessary. We may differ in our opinions, but that does not override basic social communication protocol; polite discussion and exchange. Your statement, "pay attention," could you've used more subtle words? When attacking someone, you must be prepared for the inevitable response.

Let's put this to rest.

Last edited:
Let's put this to rest.

Done - and my apologies. I had no idea that you were posting without having any idea of the historical content of these forums or the knowledge of any of the users on these forums. I see that now however after reading your posts to Geronimo about the 722 that was found on his doorstep.

Hopefully we will hear back with success from JoeKacz and his OTA issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts