Chrysler Workers Caught Drinking And Smoking Weed On The Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish we could discuss this one, but it will quickly move into Sonic Babble territory...

Unfortunately I believe what is represented in this video is a lot more commonplace than we want to know, and not just in the rank-and-file...

Wish we could discuss this one, but it will quickly move into Sonic Babble territory...

Unfortunately I believe what is represented in this video is a lot more commonplace than we want to know, and not just in the rank-and-file...
No it won't . Politics has nothing to do with it. It's about workers who deserved to be fired. And what's really sad is I bet it's not the only case.

I just wanted to say that nothing has changed since I saw this first hand while visiting a Plymouth and Cadillac plants back in the mid-70s. As an budding teen, I quickly realized I wanted nothing to the auto factories if this was going to be my life.

Nothing new. In the 80's I used to work in a factory that assembled and tested electronic equipment, and there was a "get high for lunch bunch" there too. Not my cup of "tea".

I worked for a very short time at a GM Dealership. Being only 18 at the time I didn't know much about cars so they had me getting them ready to be sold. They drove them off the Car Haulers and parked them out back. I found beer cans in the back of the truck once and a while but I can't say if it came from the plant or not. But , I can say that my Service Manager would complain about the cars being sent.
Some examples that I remember.

No oil in the engine or very little oil. An engine can run on just 1 quart of oil.
Screws not screwed in all the way.
Parts Missing. We had to order them and put them in weeks later.
Lug-nuts not tighten all the way.
No fluids in Power Steering etc.

While the video ties this into the bailout I look at this as more about the American Worker. Talk about not taking pride in your work or yourself. WGN Radio talked about this and people called defending these clowns. One guy asked the host if he's ever worked on a Assembly line and talked about the stress involved.

If you haven't seen the Movie Gung Ho you should. It addressed many of these issues and Ron Howard caught some flack for it according to an interview he did on Letterman or Carson . I can't remember what one.

Last edited:
Video no longer available due to termination of the account due to too many copyright violations. Or something similar. Wish I'd have gotten to it sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)