Ciel 2 - ILS Site Active

it looks like it's going to be a successful launch of ceil II. congratulations to dish and it's customers :up

We have one more burn and the final separation that has yet to be reported successful, so I will hold my congrats till then. Hopefully in the next few minutes.

There it is!

http://www.ilslaunch.com/successful-mission/
+ Successful Mission

Posted by ILS Communications, 06:03 p.m. EST on 10 December 2008 | 0 Comments
We are happy to announce the successful conclusion of
another launch mission! The Proton M Breeze M rocket has
carried to geostationary transfer orbit the Ciel II
satellite, built by ThalesAlenia Space for the Ciel
Satellite Group. Spacecraft separation occurred on schedule,
at 17:55 EST. Total launch time was 9 hours, 12 minutes

Success!:D:up

We are happy to announce the successful conclusion of
another launch mission! The Proton M Breeze M rocket has
carried to geostationary transfer orbit the Ciel II
satellite, built by ThalesAlenia Space for the Ciel
Satellite Group. Spacecraft separation occurred on schedule,
at 17:55 EST. Total launch time was 9 hours, 12 minutes.

I thought I'd be jinxing it by putting the 129 LNB back on my 1000+ dish today.:p

Lets hope the solar panels, etc. all work.

Woo-hoo! :up Even though I'm in an Eastern Arc area, any more setbacks for Echostar would have been bad. Hopefully, this brings new HD goodness to the Western states and lets Echostar move their satellite assets to their best orbital locations.

And more National HD goodness, that would be nice. The Formula 1 season doesn't start for another three months, but it sure would be nice to watch in MPEG-4!

(I think I overdid the *nice* just a tad...)

Woo-hoo! :up Even though I'm in an Eastern Arc area, any more setbacks for Echostar would have been bad. Hopefully, this brings new HD goodness to the Western states and lets Echostar move their satellite assets to their best orbital locations.

And more National HD goodness, that would be nice. The Formula 1 season doesn't start for another three months, but it sure would be nice to watch in MPEG-4!

(I think I overdid the *nice* just a tad...)

129 has lots of spotbeams for the east also.

the customers that use 129 are well deserving of this new sat. congrats on this successful launch.

I think it is time for Digiblur and JohnH to point a dish at 138w right now (perhaps by using a Dish 1000 to hit 129 and 148, with 138 in the middle) and have the scans going every 30 seconds :)

Garbage on top of screen on certain channels?

How many times have you had your ViP 622/722 replaced?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)