How many times have you had your ViP 622/722 replaced?

aviation76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
DFW, TX
Just curious...I am on my 4th ViP 622 receiver. Can't say it is the most reliable piece of equipment out there...

How about the rest of you guys? Let's see who had theirs replaced the most times:p

Have had all my 722's since January, and none replaced. However, my aunt had to have one of her two 722's replaced 5 months ago, and no problems since.

I've had 1 replacement so I guess I lose. Oh wait maybe I won due to the fact that I've only had to change out once. That was due to the fact that The C revision was bad not long out of the gate. If you have had to replace yours 3 times then not sure it's equipment but some form of bad install.

Hook it up to a good surge protector and I find you more than likely will not have any problems!

I have had a 622 almost 3 years and just got a 722 a month ago. I had to unplug both from my line conditioners to use Dish Comm since I had no phone or internet close to the 722.

I thought these units had really good built in surge protection?

Last edited:
I have 2 622s got one if Feb 2006 second jan 2007, both hooked to Pannamax surge protector and backup power supply. Both still working, Have had 3 7100/7200 2 721s ,921, and 2 622s 1 522 and 1 612, I have never had any replaced, I think it is because I paid for them. the only free one is the 522.

I've Had my 622 since July 4th of 2007 and not one issue.
I have 2 612's one is about 8 months and the other about 5 weeks,
No issues either.
I find it hard to believe that so many people have any problems with the 622,
What do you guys do to them ?
Use them as coasters?
Drop them?
Papers and equipment stacked on them?,
Live them plugeed in during Severe Thunderstorms?,
No surge protection?.:confused:
4 replacements??

I've Had my 622 since July 4th of 2007 and not one issue.
I have 2 612's one is about 8 months and the other about 5 weeks,
No issues either.
I find it hard to believe that so many people have any problems with the 622,
What do you guys do to them ?
Use them as coasters?
Drop them?
Papers and equipment stacked on them?,
Live them plugeed in during Severe Thunderstorms?,
No surge protection?.:confused:
4 replacements??

Ditto, I've had my 622 since April 2007, I think I've had to reboot it maybe 4 or 5 times, let alone had anything go wrong with it. 612 for a couple months, same deal.

I've had my 722 since September of 2007 and have had no problems what-so-ever and so therefore never needed a replacement.

I had a 622 for quite some time. HDMI port stopped working. Replacement 622 was bad out of the box. Tuner 2 wasn't working. Dish sent another replacement. It's been working for a month. Now this one's dead. No picture. Fans are always on. Green light cycles on and off. They want to send a tech. I think they're canned response is "It may be a grounding issue, since you've had 3 go bad? Huh!? Original had a bad hdmi. 2nd one was bad out of the box. 3rd is what? Rebooting issue? Looks like corrupt software to me. Here's the kicker. Rep says if is indeed a bad 622, the tech may not have on e on the truck. He'll have to order a replacement. I told her to make sure there's notes for the tech in my account to bring a 622. Unbelievable :mad:
BTW, I moved the "bad" 622 to a different room. Same issue.