How many times have you had your ViP 622/722 replaced?

Just curious...I am on my 4th ViP 622 receiver. Can't say it is the most reliable piece of equipment out there...

How about the rest of you guys? Let's see who had theirs replaced the most times:p

I have had my 722 for over a year without incident. I am very satisfied with it and basically it is the reason I stay with Dish.

I had my first 622 for 14 months and it went bad then my 2nd 622 went bad within 3 months, because it was reconditioned that they sent me. The guy ONLY had a 722 so I did not have to pay to upgrade or anything. He just gave it to me. So now 3 months later no issues with the 722. I have all my equipment on a Monster power conditioner surge protector and they still go bad lol

I had a 622 for quite some time. HDMI port stopped working. Replacement 622 was bad out of the box. Tuner 2 wasn't working. Dish sent another replacement. It's been working for a month. Now this one's dead. No picture. Fans are always on. Green light cycles on and off. They want to send a tech. I think they're canned response is "It may be a grounding issue, since you've had 3 go bad? Huh!? Original had a bad hdmi. 2nd one was bad out of the box. 3rd is what? Rebooting issue? Looks like corrupt software to me. Here's the kicker. Rep says if is indeed a bad 622, the tech may not have on e on the truck. He'll have to order a replacement. I told her to make sure there's notes for the tech in my account to bring a 622. Unbelievable :mad:
BTW, I moved the "bad" 622 to a different room. Same issue.

Tech just left and replaced my bad 622 with a 722. Nice:up He basically told me the 622s are garbage, compared to the 722. I've also had another 622 for a couple of years without issue.
I think what's happening is when your 622 ( which you probably received brand new ) goes bad, you end up with refurb'd junk.

Last edited:
Just curious...I am on my 4th ViP 622 receiver. Can't say it is the most reliable piece of equipment out there...

How about the rest of you guys? Let's see who had theirs replaced the most times:p

Once... about 6 months ago. I suspect high disk temperature, as my 722 highest disk temperature hits 138F, vrs 123F on the 925.

2 times replaced

First one 622 would not connect to HDMI any longer loose connection in back.
Next 622 just stopped working.
Next 722 been working for a while but within a few weeks it started making a pretty loud ringing/dialing type sound every 5 seconds or so. It stopped after a few weeks....now 3 or 4 months later same sound again. Argghhhhh

I have two 722's that were started up in Feb of 2008. So far no problems (I am knocking on wood), other than my kids loading up the DVR.

Once. The first 622 ran for 18 mos., then HDD died.

Second is still purring like a kitty.

If you lose more than two in a short period of time (6 months), you probably have an external issue killing the receivers.

got the same 722 that was installed a year ago. only issue i had was that it was powercycling(turning itself on and off), but then i bypassed that cheap wallyworld powerstrip and plugged directly into wall and problem stopped. my guess is that the reciever just needs a real sturdy ground, and that little 18 gauge peice of wire in the powerstrip does not create a steady ground for it.

I just had to replace my 722 which I've been using since August 2007
My replacement receiver arrived yesterday. I hooked it up and activated the receiver. Added all my timers and customizations.

:mad: After a few hours of running, the receiver started to run into problems. First, I received an 'internal communicatinos' error. After a few tries, I was finally able to reboot my receiver. However, now almost all of the satellite channels were showing black. I could see my OTA channels and the stock Dish channels like 101, but all the other channels were dark.

Called in and they tried to reactivate, but nothing worked. So they're sending me another replacement receiver. The one thing I noticed is that this receiver had a smart card. My old receiver did not have the smart card.

Had one 622 since just a month or so after it came out, no problems at all.

well after I stated earlier that my 722 has had no problems...it had a major problem and had to be replaced..just got the new one today.

0... On my first 622 since they first were released. HDMI still works and hopefully the HDD will keep spinning for a bit longer :) Currently it's full exposed to get plenty of ventilation, and on a UPS/surge suppressor.

Now that I posted this, it will probably die... :p

-Mike

Same here--I've had my 622 since February of 2006 (almost 3 years) and HDMI and everything else works.

There's no such thing as a jinx; there's no such thing as a jinx; there's no ... :rolleyes:

I am replacing my 622 for the first time since I got it almost 20 months back. HDMI stopped working a month ago.

On a side note, has anyone found a way to transfer contents from hard disk of their old 622 to the hard disk on replacement 622?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)