How many times have you had your ViP 622/722 replaced?

Ok, my 622 was just replaced a couple of weeks ago for random rebooting. You could be watching TV and the damn receiver will reboot on its own. I got a replacement, a refurbished unit of course and now the receiver locked up yesterday while watching a recorded show. I hope it doesn't happen again because I don't want to copy the recordings to an EHD and then move them back to the replacement receiver.

So for me it's been just one time but it looks like a second time is coming.........SOON.

Ordred mine the first day the 622 was available and it is still working fine.
My second 622 only lasted a month before I had to replace it.

I've had one 622 since the beginning. Got the wife one November 2006. I own not lease both units. Until March of this year 2 replacements. From March this Year until June I've replaced my wife's unit 4 times. On the 4th call I told them they should send a new unit, not a refurb. Was upset enough, that I told them that if they sent another refurbished unit out it would be the last one. I put my 622 on my wife's TV and the refurbished 622 on mine. The hard drive is now spinning 24/7 and a few recordings have been in the freeze shutdown mode. I get the Everything pack and all HD. I've been a Dish customer since August 1997. DirecTv is installing, today.

Odd... Our 622 has been working just fine for a number of days now. At least this gives us a chance to watch the recordings we've got on it before the replacement arrives.

I'd really LOVE to know why it was rebooting a dozen+ times a day for 2-3 days and all of a sudden stopped !

I had a 622 for quite some time. HDMI port stopped working. Replacement 622 was bad out of the box. Tuner 2 wasn't working. Dish sent another replacement. It's been working for a month. Now this one's dead. No picture. Fans are always on. Green light cycles on and off. They want to send a tech. I think they're canned response is "It may be a grounding issue, since you've had 3 go bad? Huh!? Original had a bad hdmi. 2nd one was bad out of the box. 3rd is what? Rebooting issue? Looks like corrupt software to me. Here's the kicker. Rep says if is indeed a bad 622, the tech may not have on e on the truck. He'll have to order a replacement. I told her to make sure there's notes for the tech in my account to bring a 622. Unbelievable :mad:
BTW, I moved the "bad" 622 to a different room. Same issue.
Nah, the give you a 722 if they don't have a 622 on the truck.

Just finished a round of CSR roulette to replace my third 622 which started a constant reboot cycle and got wicked hot. They were going to send me a fourth 622 but when I asked if I could get a different model they said they could ship out a 722 for $50 or a 612 for $25. I opted for the 612 as I only run the signal to one TV anyway, and $25 is better that $50.

The only catch was they have to send a guy out to install it. When I asked if I could just do it myself the CSR said that because the connections on the back of the unit are different than the 622 that the guy may have to wire it different. That's fine I guess, this way I can just give him the defective unit and not have to deal with driving to a UPS store.

Is the back of the 612 really that different from the 622 that a tech needs to install it for me? Seems like a waste of labor when I'm perfectly comfortable doing it myself. Especially since it's technically a free service call, just paying for the equipment upgrade.

Rec'd my 3rd 622 this afternoon. This one is clearly stickered (on the outside box) as being "Remanufactured" but if it was "used" previously, they do an amazing job cleaning them up. Do they replace the outside shell, by chance ? I didn't look that closely but I didn't see any scratches at all.

It did come with a smart card, labeled "G3", I think (??).

Rec'd my 3rd 622 this afternoon. This one is clearly stickered (on the outside box) as being "Remanufactured" but if it was "used" previously, they do an amazing job cleaning them up. Do they replace the outside shell, by chance ? I didn't look that closely but I didn't see any scratches at all.

I thought they simply cleaned them up. I know thats what D* does (no shells replaced). In MOST situations though, I dont see why one would be TOO badly scratched. I havent moved mine since I installed them.

Good that yours was in such good shape

Same here, the one I got is a "remanufactured" receiver but it looks as good as new. I even got component, composite, and HDMI cables. New remotes and this one is quieter than the other one I had. I'm a happy camper but I hope it doesn't give me problems in the future.

Turns out my previous one was remanufactured after all. I know the box didn't say it, but the label on the back of the dying one does....

No new remotes, no cables, nothing ... just the receiver itself. Ironically, I rec'd new smart cards for my old receiver in the mail today too.

Do the 722's not suffer the same issues as all these recent 622's are having? Since I'll be on my 4th refurbished 622 in two weeks I'm wondering if I should insist that I be upgraded to a 722 - or are the 722's just as bad?
I've had a 722 for about 3 months now. It's freezing while watching live and jumping ahead with audio drop outs while watching recorded shows. This is a very brief synopsis of the problems I'm having with it. I'm very frustrated with it right now.

WALK UP PEOPLE stop being lemmings

My audio drops are ridiculous. A contract works both ways. If they can not hold up the contract terms it is null and void. I had a tech out to my house, which Dish charged me $29.00, and he had never heard of it and told me it was my non-dbs approved connectors? They sent out a new receiver (622) of course the same issue is happening. Every time I call the CST has no idea what I am talking about, nor does the supervisor. I told them to send me out two new 722's to replace my 622's to see if they will work or cancel the service. They asked where can they ship the return boxes to and when I would like the service disconnected? I am done, good bye, so long. Six months of not being able to use the DVR, unacceptable. At least acknowledge the problem! Real On Demand Here I come. I can not wait to get back to cable. At least I am trying to convince myself of that.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!! JUMP UP AND DOWN ABOUT THIS PROBLEM!!!

Well, I can tell you the 612 is working just fine. The reboots have stopped for now, knock on wood. No audio video skipping, knock on wood harder.

While this might not be a solution for those of you with multiple TVs hooked up to your receiver. It is working for me.

I had to pay $25 for an "equipment upgrade," and I lost my dishHD Absolute package, I now have Turbo Silver with the Platinum add on.

While this solution isn't an actual solution to the problem of the 622/722 problem. It is however an option.

I have never had any kind of receiver problem since I got Dish Network in March 2001.

I upgraded to a ViP 722 on Jan. 31, 2008 and it has been working perfectly but it's time for a EHD as the recording time has been all filled up for a couple of months. Mostly with monster movies and concerts from those certain HD channels we used to get but can no longer.

Well I guess I will go watch Dead Alive for the 20th time. You think the repeats were bad last year? They are even worse for me now. :rolleyes:

my VIP 622 looks like it just died today. I unpluged all the cords yesterday on my TV, XBOX, Dish, and DVD player and did some cleaning. Had all off and today when I got home, all worked except the Dish. When you plug it up, the green light stays on for about 10 seconds then it goes off. You can see that all the lights blink really uickly just once. The fan works but then seems like everything just goes back off. No picture or sound.

my VIP 622 looks like it just died today. I unpluged all the cords yesterday on my TV, XBOX, Dish, and DVD player and did some cleaning. Had all off and today when I got home, all worked except the Dish. When you plug it up, the green light stays on for about 10 seconds then it goes off. You can see that all the lights blink really uickly just once. The fan works but then seems like everything just goes back off. No picture or sound.

hold the power button on the box for 10 secs. then if that does not fire it up hit the power button on the remote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts