Ciel 2 Tracking

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Late last night I tried to check the signal strength on the 129, all 32 of them had signals in green, identified as "129 West", none were "dead".

Signal strength however varied. Some in the low 30's others as high as 50.

BTW I used my 625.

What the huh?

Impossible, isn't it?

To raise a circular orbit, wouldn't you have to make one burn at perigee (to raise the apogee) and then another 12 hours later (at apogee) to raise the perigee?

In reality, this may be a series of smaller burns, but I think you save the most fuel by making them at apogee/perigee. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Brad

For a GTO orbit, yes. But the gain is too small to worry about it when the orbit is nearly circular orbit like GEO. They would blow more fuel waiting for it get there and passing the final location.

Question about Spot Beams

Need some expert help.

Since there are 53 spot beams on Ciel 2, I assumed each spot beam would have it's own TWTA or solid state (when was the last time you hear solid state) amplfier, but in reading the FCC-SES document I see there are 16 TWTA's dedicated to the spot beams. How can 53 spot beams be connected to 16 TWTA's without some spot beams areas receiving tp's intended for other spot beam areas. For example, if 2 spot beam antennas are connected to the same TWTA, both spot beams are going to transmit the same information, right?. Is the output of the TWTA somehow RF filtered for each spot beam so only certain tp's will reach certain spot beam antennas? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Late last night I tried to check the signal strength on the 129, all 32 of them had signals in green, identified as "129 West", none were "dead".

Signal strength however varied. Some in the low 30's others as high as 50.

BTW I used my 625.

I also have the same signal strengths readings on my 722, I have taken readings the last two mornings. The big difference is that I get zero signal strength on transponders 20,24,25,26, and 29, these are just skipped as I scroll down the list of transponders.
Dan

I still don't get why people keep saying this. February bills are already out.
In previous years the price increase only applied to bills generated in February. (so technically the March service period) At least that's what I can see in looking back on my statements.

Same thing in Vanc WA

What the heck have they done to E5? I'm getting frequent signal drop-outs on almost every channel from 129 and the weather here is stable. It wasn't doing this yesterday, or the day before, etc, etc....
Been seeing somewhat the same thing in Vancouver, WA. Although, it was snowing earlier, we had signal drop after the snow and none of it was nearly as bad as a month ago and we never lost signal then.

Sure looks like they are either doing something, or not doing something.. i.e. maybe they are paying more attention to new sat than old and letting her wobble a bit more?

Wayne Sagar

1 33453U 08063A 09027.25733019 -.00000004 00000-0 00000+0 0 7302 33453 000.0747 238.3905 0000390 265.9813 304.9727 01.00838804 503Epoch (UTC): 06:10:33, Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New TLE. (Or apparently not.)

Last edited:
Don't know when it is going to happen but Digiblur and the upload gang better have a few bottles of glucosamine available and start some finger limbering exercises. Going to be a bunch of ediiting going on.

I'm sure I'm going to get another ton of new TIDs tomorrow and I'll be doing some editing. Once they fire up the locals it's time to start the editing again putting the spotbeam numbers on them.

I also have the same signal strengths readings on my 722, I have taken readings the last two mornings. The big difference is that I get zero signal strength on transponders 20,24,25,26, and 29, these are just skipped as I scroll down the list of transponders.
Dan

I had singal on all 32 transponders last night, some did not come in right the way, I had to wait for maybe 2 to 3 seconds, but I do not recall the above five had any wait, I had to wait on 2, 3 and 4 if I remember correctly.

What the heck have they done to E5? I'm getting frequent signal drop-outs on almost every channel from 129 and the weather here is stable. It wasn't doing this yesterday, or the day before, etc, etc....

E5 seems to have moved a little east, 128.8 at last check, probably to give Ciel-2 a wide birth. Only so much space close to 129, and E5 and C2 aren't the only ones there.

What a difference a week makes

Last Week all rhe post "When it going to start moving'
This Week "When is it going to stop"

Been seeing somewhat the same thing in Vancouver, WA. Although, it was snowing earlier, we had signal drop after the snow and none of it was nearly as bad as a month ago and we never lost signal then.

Sure looks like they are either doing something, or not doing something.. i.e. maybe they are paying more attention to new sat than old and letting her wobble a bit more?

Wayne Sagar

It was snowing here, lightly, about 5 hours ago, but has long since stopped and is now just scattered light showers and as you noted, this snow was nothing like what happened in December and the signal from the 129 slot was fine during that bad weather event...so I agree, they must be doing something, but it sure is hosing up the signal from E5...

Wayne Sagar

I thought someone had mentioned that they had nudged E5 a bit off its usual station to make room for Ciel 2 and to provide the requisite distance between space objects. Maybe that is affecting your reception when it does its wobble. Otherwise, I have nothing.

1 33453U 08063A 09027.25733019 -.00000004 00000-0 00000+0 0 7302 33453 000.0747 238.3905 0000390 265.9813 304.9727 01.00838804 503Epoch (UTC): 06:10:33, Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New TLE.

Actually, that's an older TLE from early this morning. There has been an update since.

No, the transponder list in your point dish screen is driven by the uplink tables. So if a TP is removed it will be removed from your point dish screen. Even though it might still be transmitting but with no video streams. There used to be a few of these around between 61.5 and 129. Not sure if there are now.
Actually FW should be changed too, those FW table using for initial aiming, when system tables wasn't downloaded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts