Cincinnati HD locals Sat ?

Are you getting guide data for your OTA channels when you just point at EA?
If you point only at Eastern Arc, odds are one won't get guide data. The guide data comes from the same satellite as the SD locals. In the case of Cincinnati, that would be the 110' or 119' satellite.

Update:

So I decided to call the installer and get him to fix it. I called his extension after 8pm, expecting to leave a voice mail, but it rang through to somebody else and I explained my problem. He had the installer call me within 15 minutes. I hope the guy doesn't get in trouble.

Anyway, he told me that the Dish he used is new and he didn't have his software updated correctly so it was hit and miss whether it would work, but the software should update overnight and should be an easy fix when he came over today. So I think he's full of bs.

Here's the kicker. I said, let me ask my wife if she'll be around. He said, don't worry about it -- I won't need access to your receiver. I can just fix it by realigning the dish. This causes me some concerns and leads to my next questions.

--Doesn't he need access to the receiver to ensure he gets the best reception possible?

--If the dish gets pointed to 77, will the receiver automatically find the satellite and add the channels to the guide, ect. without the installer changing any of the settings?

I'm half tempted to just ask them to send out somebody else, but I don't want to cause this guy to lose his job or anything.
If he uses the right meter he can line it up better than the dish box. All you have to do is a check switch to replace 61.5 with 77. You should be good to go then.

s10zr2, you don't get any SD channels, correct ? In that case, the guide data would in fact come from the same satellite as the Dish-provided locals.

s10zr2, you don't get any SD channels, correct ? In that case, the guide data would in fact come from the same satellite as the Dish-provided locals.
Right now my sd channels are black because I don't have the new smart cards yet. My local sd channels work though. The only HD locals we get right now are 5, 9, and 19. I was told by the installer that the even if you had a wing dish you would get your guide data, because 77 takes priority over 110 or 119. Also 77 has some other local sd channels (48, 54, 12) as well.

So the installer never showed. I've called him a few times and now he isn't returning my calls.

So I did tech chat on DishNetwork.com and did pretty well with CSR roulette. Said they would send someone to get me fixed up and even to replace the new wingdish and the old maindish with a 1000.4. I understand that training all the CSRs DishNetwork has is an immense task, but if a CSR would have put in the correct work order from the start here, they could have saved a ton of money -- it turns out that the tech pointed the dish to 61.5 becuase that is what the work order said -- so it was the CSRs fault.

Wish me luck that the install on Wed. will go smoothly.