Cinema4 is now the Documentary Channel?

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
Today, Cinema4 is showing "Thelonious Monk: Straight, No Chaser" and "Kestrel's Eye" - both documentaries. I will be watching them both.

Looks like part of the new channel format is in place, or at least they are trying it out.

[Sorry if this heads-up was already posted. I didn't see anything.]

Yes, they started showing documentaries on October 1.

1080iBeVuMin said:
Today, Cinema4 is showing "Thelonious Monk: Straight, No Chaser" and "Kestrel's Eye" - both documentaries. I will be watching them both.

Looks like part of the new channel format is in place, or at least they are trying it out.

[Sorry if this heads-up was already posted. I didn't see anything.]

Thanks I updated the thread on 10/5 HD Cinema Premiere Movies...

The other day I catched the end of what appear to be a "Led Zepelin" doc but the PG was wrong so I couldn't know for sure. Anybody watched it?

Yeah but the "Docs HD" isstill showing in the PG as CInema4.. very plain, they should draw attention to itself as the DocumentaryHD channel(even if its lots of 4:3) like they do Epics and Gunslingers.

Walter L. said:
The other day I catched the end of what appear to be a "Led Zepelin" doc but the PG was wrong so I couldn't know for sure. Anybody watched it?
Yes, I saw that too. The PG said "Grass", but I saw what looked like "Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same". PQ was excellent.

Unfortunately, the "Kestrel's Eye" documentary was not sourced in very high def, or at least was not transferred well in HD. The program itself was interesting, but those birds would have looked so much better in pure HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)