Cinemax 1 cent per year special

dmj_rolltide

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Sorry, I am new to this forum and I know someone else posted this a long time ago, but DISH customers who have autopay AND paperless billing can still call and sign up for the CINEMAX 1 cent per year special.

From what I have read on the internet, this special has been going on since the first of this year, but I just signed up for this a few minutes ago with the DISH Chat online rep.

I wish I had of known about this sooner, but better late than never. The rep said I would get the rest of 2008 for a penny, then it would auto renew for 2009 for another penny.

I asked when would this deal expire, because I don't like hidden surprises, and I don't want to pay full price, and he said it expired Jan. 1st, 2010. So, to be on the safe side, I will mark it on my calendar to call on Dec. 31st of 2009 and cancel Cinemax.

This is a good deal, if you watch quite a bit of movies, like myself. You get 5 channels of Cinemax, and 4 of the 5 recently went HD. Do yourself a favor and give DISH a call and don't let this special pass you by.:)

Looking at it another way, why would you be so concerned about canceling it once it started regular billing if you enjoy it so much? After having it essentially free for years why the concern over actually paying for a full month or two?

I mention this because I severed ties with Dish recently but that deal was about the only thing I missed except for using my 508 fee free DVR receiver and it's UHF remote.

Sure don't miss the constant weather outages!

Looking at it another way, why would you be so concerned about canceling it once it started regular billing if you enjoy it so much? After having it essentially free for years why the concern over actually paying for a full month or two?

I mention this because I severed ties with Dish recently but that deal was about the only thing I missed except for using my 508 fee free DVR receiver and it's UHF remote.

Sure don't miss the constant weather outages!

Let me guess, you are going to go into every thread and make sure everyone knows you cancelled a bit ago!?!?!? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I am new to this forum and I know someone else posted this a long time ago, but DISH customers who have autopay AND paperless billing can still call and sign up for the CINEMAX 1 cent per year special.

From what I have read on the internet, this special has been going on since the first of this year, but I just signed up for this a few minutes ago with the DISH Chat online rep.

I wish I had of known about this sooner, but better late than never. The rep said I would get the rest of 2008 for a penny, then it would auto renew for 2009 for another penny.

I asked when would this deal expire, because I don't like hidden surprises, and I don't want to pay full price, and he said it expired Jan. 1st, 2010. So, to be on the safe side, I will mark it on my calendar to call on Dec. 31st of 2009 and cancel Cinemax.

This is a good deal, if you watch quite a bit of movies, like myself. You get 5 channels of Cinemax, and 4 of the 5 recently went HD. Do yourself a favor and give DISH a call and don't let this special pass you by.:)

I was under the impression that the year was 365 days from when you start, not the calendar year (it's what I believe my CSR told me). Anyone know if this is true?

I was under the impression that the year was 365 days from when you start, not the calendar year (it's what I believe my CSR told me). Anyone know if this is true?

You try turning off a particular item of programming 365 days from the day it was added across 14M+ accounts...

I'd tend to believe the CSR in this case.

I've been watching the remake of "The Producers" on Cinemax for the past 90 minutes, thanks to this 99 cent special. Many thanks to this newsgroup, as I never would have known about it had someone not posted a tipoff back in December.

What I want to know is...can you take advantage of this deal and then cancel the autopay part later and still keep the Cinemax 1 penny thing...has anyone tried this?

I have it

What I want to know is...can you take advantage of this deal and then cancel the autopay part later and still keep the Cinemax 1 penny thing...has anyone tried this?

I have the 1cent deal w/o the autopay. I explained I didn't mind autopay if E8 would move my payment date to the 15th of the month instead of the 9th. They said just pay when you the 15th. So now I pay it on the 15th online.

Let me guess, you are going to go into every thread and make sure everyone knows you cancelled a bit ago!?!?!? :rolleyes:

Well actually no, I haven't done that. Seemed like a fair enough disclosure that despite my differences with Dish I could appreciate the offer and didn't see the need to be quick on the trigger once the channels were no longer essentially free.

Besides you know well that people pull up threads even years later so what you may remember having been posted this week will have been long forgotten later. In a sense I was paying Dish a complement for doing 1 thing right for a change.

I tend to stay away from the premiums as I am trying to keep expenses down, but I pulled the trigger on this deal several months ago and found that Cinemax was a lot better than I remembered. We've enjoyed many good movies on it since we kicked off auto pay.
When I previously had Cinemax (on, ugh, cable), there was only one channel, so the choices were limited. When I finally go with HD only, Cinemax will be a keeper.

You try turning off a particular item of programming 365 days from the day it was added across 14M+ accounts...

I'd tend to believe the CSR in this case.

Well I certainly wouldn't try it personally but if I owned a large company that provided monthly billing to millions of customers I would certainly make sure that I had a computer that could do something this simple...

... of course I would also make sure my people that answered the tech support lines were at least minimally competent!

I have had the 1 cent cinemax for about 3 months now, and it has been great! There have been lots of good movies, (just taped Knocked Up this last weekend) and even though I still use Netflix for most of my movies, I have been collecting quite a few older HD movies on my external HD from Cinemax. I have been very happy, ESPECIALLY for a cent :)

This may be a stupid question but... I have the America's Everything package and all of the HD channels. Does anyone know if I would be able to get the Cinemax for a penny and lower my bill?
Thanks,

Thanks for the tip guys,I contacted CS yesterday to add the Cinemax 1 penny deal to our account and also dropped the $5 local channels option since we now receive all of our locals on the 4221 antenna:up

The wife's gonna return from her business trip overseas on the 30th,flip on the TV and spot the Cinemax HD channels in the lineup:D

This may be a stupid question but... I have the America's Everything package and all of the HD channels. Does anyone know if I would be able to get the Cinemax for a penny and lower my bill?
Thanks,[/quote
I dont think you get the deal if you currently have or had cinemax in the last 6 mos. I believe that is what I read some place or a csr told me when I signed up about 3 mos ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)