Cinemax for a penny issue

jmw194

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 3, 2008
Brooklyn
I tried to enroll and the first online CRS said it was all good as long as I have paperless billing and auto pay. I checked to see if I had Cinemax a few hours later and no luck. I went back online and the next CSR said that I had to be Cinemax free for 6 months to activate the promotion. I am new to dish and I had the 3 months free HBO and Cinemax thing. I canceled it last month. The most recent CSR told me that as a part of the promotion (which he could provide me no link to documentation for) said that I couldn't have had Cinemax in the past 6 months.

He did tell me in the chat that I could sign up anytime for the promotion. I asked if I could do it now and he said I had to wait 5 more months. I guess he and I have a different view of what "anytime" means. I hope it isn't like "soon."

Anybody know a way around this (besides CSR roulette)?

The one good bit of information I did get was that this promotion is going on until January of 2010, so folks have enough time to get their Skinemax (errr Cinemax) for only a penny a year.

Thanks in advance for any help you may or may not give.

Well the CSR's are telling you the right info. You need to sign up for paperless billing and credit card autopay. Also your suppose to have no free Cinemax promo for the last 6 months and not being billed by a 3rd party like AT&T. But like Jerry said just keep trying you might get luck eventually.

Last edited:
The big problem is that he had Cinemax for 3 months free during promo.. It does count as 'having Cinemax' and he shouldn't be allowed under the rule.

Does that mean someone won't override it? Who knows.. Just saying, by the rule standard, they shouldn't qualify if they've had Cinemax in any form in the last 6 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)