Cinemax for a penny?

ped832

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
South east Idaho
Talking to a CSR the other day for an activation and she told me that customers signing up for paperless billing can get a year of Cinemax for a penny a month! Anyone else hear about this? It's supposed to be available for the next 2 months.:)

Yes we have been talking about this for a few months now. Its a great deal (unless you have Americas Everything Pack like I do) :)

It wasn't a .01/month, it was a .01/year. And it's suppose to be renewable for a second year for a penny.
Also I have yet to be charged this penny. So its been free so far.:)

It wasn't a .01/month, it was a .01/year. And it's suppose to be renewable for a second year for a penny.
Also I have yet to be charged this penny. So its been free so far.:)

same here, i guess it's a virtual penny, never to be charged :D

What if you get Dish through your local telephone company as a bundle deal(Dish,Phone,and Internet)? My bill comes from my telephone company with all the charges on it,so really its like paperless billing from Dish isnt it? Just wondering if anyone else has done this.Would like to take advantage of Cinemax for a cent. My mother inlaw did this a few weeks ago,but she got her bill directly from Dish. THANKS!

What if you get Dish through your local telephone company as a bundle deal(Dish,Phone,and Internet)? My bill comes from my telephone company with all the charges on it,so really its like paperless billing from Dish isnt it? Just wondering if anyone else has done this.Would like to take advantage of Cinemax for a cent. My mother inlaw did this a few weeks ago,but she got her bill directly from Dish. THANKS!
From all the posters that posted in the other thread about this and was billed by a 2nd party couldn't get this deal.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...ax-1-year-01-w-autopay-paperless-billing.html

Thanks for the reminder ped832! :D

I had forgotten about the original post back in December; I justed chatted with a CSR and had it added.

same here, i guess it's a virtual penny, never to be charged :D

I'd keep my pennies handy - just in case!

My sister once got pursued by a bill collector over $.13 that in truth was actually owed her!? :eek:

No joke.

Btw, if you've not had a movie channel and sign up for the $.01 deal what happens when you later add Starz or Encore?

My sister once got pursued by a bill collector over $.13 that in truth was actually owed her!? :eek:

No joke.

Btw, if you've not had a movie channel and sign up for the $.01 deal what happens when you later add Starz or Encore?
In my experience (when we called), the question is if you have had Cinemax in the past 6 months, not if you have a movie channel. When we signed up for the penny deal, they specifically asked if we have had Cinemax in the past 6 months. We have had HBO for at least 10 years, but have not had Cinemax since they first started it.

Geoff

I tried via on-line chat and they consistantly checked my account, saw that I recently subcribed to Cinemax, and denied my request. Annoying.

No joke.

You can have another movie channel----just not Cinemax. And they sometimes waive that.

Pretty good deal. I got it back in December not long after they started offering it. Read about it here. Thanks Satellite Guys! :)

It also includes Cinemax HD, which I have been watching a lot lately. Transformers is coming to Cinemax in May. Going to hold on to that on the EHD until it is available on BluRay!

Talking to a CSR the other day for an activation and she told me that customers signing up for paperless billing can get a year of Cinemax for a penny a month! Anyone else hear about this? It's supposed to be available for the next 2 months.:)

Does this mean you have to sign up for credit card autopay? Or just paperless billing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)