Cinemax HD channels...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
are horribly out of sync with the audio here. Anyone else see it? Btw PQ on these channels looks great! The audio has been out of sync *badly* on these 2 channels for the past couple of days.

Jay,

I just turned to 222 and see no out of sync in the movie "in dreams". I stayed for a while before turning back to the local baseball channel.

Audio out of sync...

Try to restart your STB...the audio and video aren't time-code locked...if the the video buffer gets delayed, then the audio keeps right on going...resetting the STB should do the trick...(unless it's a frame grabber/buffer in the uplink)

hmmm, I'm not seeing it now, but earlier I was trying to watch "Super Troopers" and it was horrible. And yesterday "malibu's most wanted" was pretty bad also? That's wierd?

I have seen it on a few movies over the past week or two. But it comes and goes. But like you said the picture quality is fantastic.

Bob

GeneWildershair said:
are horribly out of sync with the audio here. Anyone else see it? Btw PQ on these channels looks great! The audio has been out of sync *badly* on these 2 channels for the past couple of days
I don't know about "fantastic"-Jay mentioned that "pq looks great" far short of fantastic, I believe-still some work to do Voom-keep plugging away at your quest to recapture the pq prior to pb being added.

ram1220 said:
I have seen it on a few movies over the past week or two. But it comes and goes. But like you said the picture quality is fantastic.

Bob
"Fantastic?"IIIIIIIII don't know bout dat-keep plugging away Voom-us early adopters remember how pq used to be prior to pb channel being added-please try and bring that same pq back

eschu97611 said:
I don't know about "fantastic"-Jay mentioned that "pq looks great" far short of fantastic, I believe-still some work to do Voom-keep plugging away at your quest to recapture the pq prior to pb being added.
Whoa Whoa Whoa, let's not go blaming PB. Things also began to suffer with the emergence of BravoHD. Any channel that strives to bring the wonders of French-Canadian circus folk into peoples homes can only be an implement of evil. BTW, I think the PQ is looking pretty good these days, with a few notable exceptions. But the Voom exclusives look excellent, which gives me hope that Voom will one day make everything else look just as good.

cyuhnke said:
Whoa Whoa Whoa, let's not go blaming PB. Things also began to suffer with the emergence of BravoHD. Any channel that strives to bring the wonders of French-Canadian circus folk into peoples homes can only be an implement of evil. BTW, I think the PQ is looking pretty good these days, with a few notable exceptions. But the Voom exclusives look excellent, which gives me hope that Voom will one day make everything else look just as good.
"Keep hope alive"-it has been mentioned many times before in this forum that when encorehd and pb were added, a "compression" issue of some sort was triggered-I too love the educational fare on "the boy", but pq has seem to have "slipped" ever since it and encore's additions.

eschu97611 said:
"Fantastic?"IIIIIIIII don't know bout dat-keep plugging away Voom-us early adopters remember how pq used to be prior to pb channel being added-please try and bring that same pq back

yeah tonight I was switching back and forth between HBOHD, and DHD, on both the D*, and VOOM STB. I still notice that it is sharper, and colors more vibrant thru D*. I had my wife look at it too, and while I didn't tell her which STB I was showing her, and asked her to pick the channel that looks the best. She consistantly chose D*'s feeds, and when asked what it was she liked better about the feeds, she said "it's more crisp, and the colors are brighter". Basically it's exactly what I see. I could understand some folks here that just have VOOM, not really complaining about pq. It looks fine, until you A/B it with D*'s HD then the pq speaks for itself. Again it's not terrible, but it's just not what it used to be. I still have faith in VOOM though they have adjusted the sharpness quite a bit. It does look better than it did a couple weeks ago. So they are trying. I'm still giving them til Mpeg4 to fix this, and the micro stutter issue.

GeneWildershair said:
yeah tonight I was switching back and forth between HBOHD, and DHD, on both the D*, and VOOM STB. I still notice that it is sharper, and colors more vibrant thru D*. I had my wife look at it too, and while I didn't tell her which STB I was showing her, and asked her to pick the channel that looks the best. She consistantly chose D*'s feeds, and when asked what it was she liked better about the feeds, she said "it's more crisp, and the colors are brighter". Basically it's exactly what I see. I could understand some folks here that just have VOOM, not really complaining about pq. It looks fine, until you A/B it with D*'s HD then the pq speaks for itself. Again it's not terrible, but it's just not what it used to be. I still have faith in VOOM though they have adjusted the sharpness quite a bit. It does look better than it did a couple weeks ago. So they are trying. I'm still giving them til Mpeg4 to fix this, and the micro stutter issue.
My sentiments exactly-D* pq still cuts like a knife-Voom Pq like a dull razor in comparison

GeneWildershair said:
I don't have an A/B setup like you guys, so I am just comparing it to a couple of weeks ago. And it is clearly better than then, certainly. The comparision I can think of is a friend of mine has cable HD, and Voom blows it out of the water. I'll be sticking it out with Voom unless things go horribly wrong or D* starts lowering the HD equipment prices

I'm seeing this audio sync problem on cinemax HD east again today? I've tried turning off my STB and it's still there when I turn it back on.

GeneWildershair said:
I'm seeing this audio sync problem on cinemax HD east again today? I've tried turning off my STB and it's still there when I turn it back on.

Jay,

were you watching that movie "falling down" on cinemax east when you saw the audio sync problem? I was watching the movie and saw almost the entire movie (except for a few spots where I had to do a few things) and did not notice it.

My girlfriend and I caught the last half hour of Falling Down and we noticed it the audio being out of sync. She's noticed it before too on Cinemax. Two Weeks Notice was especially bad, she says.

GeneWildershair said:
No green flashes on shohd or espnhd on D*? as described on AVS forum
No shaking of the picture on discoveryhd or hdnet on D* as described also on AVS?

vurbano said:
No green flashes on shohd or espnhd on D*? as described on AVS forum
No shaking of the picture on discoveryhd or hdnet on D* as described also on AVS?
Nada-looks pretty nice-better than Voom-sorry

"Actually its really bad tonight on most shots, especially when they show the background behind the batter from the centerfield camera, the dugout shots are the only ones that are ok.
Also the blinking has semed to pick up on espn, twice in last 10 mins

really? Pardon me if I take the word of 50 other D* subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)