Cinemax On-Demand Content

chatters78

Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
California
I recently took advantage of a free promotion, 12 months of Cinemax for free. The channels are showing fine on my Hopper however no On-Demand content is available.

When I go into the OnDemand menu and filter, Cinemax is not an option, Starz, EPIX show up fine. I can access the content via my computer fine. If I try to access it from my iPad using the MyDish app, it shows Cinemax as locked, even though it's part of my programming package.

So, things are a bit of a mess. Can anyone get Cinemax on demand on their Hopper? Or any other model for the matter. Dish Support were not very helpful and said it can take up to 72 hours to appear, it's already been longer than that now.

They said the next step would be a report to the engineering team but past experience has shown this is a black hole.

Any ideas?

I don't believe Cinemax was ever an option to select with the OnDemand (at least I don't recall it on my 722), HBO doesn't show all the time either. The movies should be there, you just can't find them searching in this manner. You can go online to both DishOnLine or MAX Go. I don't think Dish will ever get the whole Blockbuster@Home section to everyone's liking any time soon. You may want a DIRT member to check this for you.

Hbo and hbo late night folders are available on blockbuster@home then red button select all shows...if im not mistaken the hbo folder is on demand and has most shows w all their episodes...i saw a max folder but could not access it and then the next day it was gone

hbo go and max go for computer and phone are the way to go if need be