Clams Question can Dirt help?

I'm going to try and answer a few of the comments.

First it was drilled from the top. There is nothing underneath the baseboard heating where it could have been hidden.

I wasn't asking for a new floor. Just 1/2 the cost of what it would be. In trade for service. Been with Dish for over 20 years. And never had a problem. and i pay for the extra Insurance.

The floor is 2" thick polished hard wood Maple. That is over 30 years old. Kind of hard to match.

Also in the pic. Is the mess that was let behind.

I just came on here to see what peoples thoughts where. Because i have never had to do something like this. If 2 months of Top 120 is what they will give me then that's fine. Its better then nothing.

I was kind of blown away at some of the rude responses. This is an awesome Forum, and I love coming here everyday to read up on the latest stuff.

Thank you, to the helpful ones! means a lot!

Attachments

• 2014-06-01 15.42.59.jpg
    2014-06-01 15.42.59.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 198
Without a doubt that is a fuggly mess. The only thing a person could really do to fix it is install a wood plug & try to match the stain as close as possible.

I'm not trying to downplay this. I think it's unacceptable for an installer to drill holes in places without okaying it with the homeowner first. FWIW, this is our old house (living room):

floor.jpg

Previous resident(s) had drilled multiple holes in the floor along the baseboard in the corner you see in this picture as well as multiple holes along the baseboard on the opposite wall. What's done is done... we had no intent to repair them, plus, they were never visible unless the TV, stand, etc were moved out.

Last edited:
Why did he drill it so far away from the wall? You can go to small claims court, and see what a judge says. Maybe get another month for free instead of suing. At the very least have them plug the hole and re-drill it while you are watching.

I'm going to try and answer a few of the comments.

First it was drilled from the top. There is nothing underneath the baseboard heating where it could have been hidden.

I wasn't asking for a new floor. Just 1/2 the cost of what it would be. In trade for service. Been with Dish for over 20 years. And never had a problem. and i pay for the extra Insurance.

The floor is 2" thick polished hard wood Maple. That is over 30 years old. Kind of hard to match.

Also in the pic. Is the mess that was let behind.

I just came on here to see what peoples thoughts where. Because i have never had to do something like this. If 2 months of Top 120 is what they will give me then that's fine. Its better then nothing.

I was kind of blown away at some of the rude responses. This is an awesome Forum, and I love coming here everyday to read up on the latest stuff.

Thank you, to the helpful ones! means a lot!

In your original post you said the hole was 9 inches out from the wall. That doesn't look like more than a couple of inches. And it sure doesn't rate a damage claim. The sawdust is a mess and shouldn't have been left there, but if you didn't want the floor drilled you should have been there and said so.

Life is too short. Plug it, stain it, put a floor plant there or some other decoration/furniture. Accept the 2 months free and move on. That's my friendly stress-free advice. :)

Reactions: KAB and JSheridan
Seems to me you just need to pull the one piece of flooring up and replace it. There is no reason to replace the whole floor for one hole. Seems to me the OP wants to remodel and wants someone else to pay for it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Seems to me you just need to pull the one piece of flooring up and replace it. There is no reason to replace the whole floor for one hole.
Yeap, that's how you fix a floor like that. It would be one thing if all of the planks were matching color/stain and very uniform, but this floor is not like that. As I showed in the picture I posted, our old floor was this way as well (by design).

You replace it, seal it, and then a couple of weeks later, ask someone who knows nothing about the repair to "see if you notice anything different about the floor". They won't.... Problem solved....

Reactions: Patrick Smith
I was told that, you must use an approved (hepa) vacuum cleaner when in a clients home, per EPA or other such regulations.
I use to carry a dust buster to clean up such messes and I refuse to invest in a high dollar approved vacuum or to open myself up to fines or litigation.
I inform the customer of these regs, we laugh about how stupid they are. and they almost always agree to clean it up themselves.
So what looks like laziness or incompetence could have a more reasonable explanation.

I was told that, you must use an approved (hepa) vacuum cleaner when in a clients home, per EPA or other such regulations.
I use to carry a dust buster to clean up such messes and I refuse to invest in a high dollar approved vacuum or to open myself up to fines or litigation.
I inform the customer of these regs, we laugh about how stupid they are. and they almost always agree to clean it up themselves.
So what looks like laziness or incompetence could have a more reasonable explanation.

I usually just sweep most of the sawdust onto a paper towel and blow the rest away. :)

I agree on the repair process. Pull the one board, stain to match, seal. Any one who professionally installs hardwood flooring can do this in their sleep. The age of the floor is no problem, they will find a matching piece. Maple is not so rare that they can't get one and the natural color variation you already have in the wood will make it a very easy fix.

I had it done on a damaged board on my hardwood floor and as everyone else notes, only my wife and I know what board was replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)