Class Action Lawsuit against Dish for Dropping Voom?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It would cost Dish more money if all the people dropping because of VOOM took them to small claims court to recover the costs of the termination. Dish would have to hire local representation for every suit, costing them more than forgiving the termination fee.

It would cost Dish more money if all the people dropping because of VOOM took them to small claims court to recover the costs of the termination. Dish would have to hire local representation for every suit, costing them more than forgiving the termination fee.
not gonna happen...Ever..This is TV..Not a loss of a limb. Jeez.

Frankly, one of the reasons I held off upgrading from my Dish 811 HD receiver and HDPak was because I didn't want to pay twice as much just to get a bunch of garbage VOOM channels. I upgraded last week. I'm really glad Dish dumped the VOOM. I've always wanted the channels I watch to be in HD, not to watch channels I don't care about because they are in HD. Dropping VOOM was a step forward for Dish, which erased the bad marketing decision they made when they bought into VOOM just so they could advertise that they had the most HD at the time.

If you are able to get it to court sign me up as I would love to get back at Dish for dropping VOOM HD!!!!!!!!!!!!! those @%#^&@%(
Get back at Dish? Who the hell do you think is going to eat those legal fees? Charlie? Get a clue. Dish gathered the info, found that subs weren't viewing Voom channels, and took appropriate action. Why would you want to watch the same programming over and over? I'm all for more HD channels, but when the channels aren't being viewed by the majority, why waste the bandwith?

A lawsuit will accomplish nothing more than raise the rates to cover the legal fees. Voom is a dying dog and Charlie pulled the trigger and put it out of its misery!

not gonna happen...Ever..This is TV..Not a loss of a limb. Jeez.

This type of dispute is what small claims court is for. If you lost a limb you would be more than the 1000-1500 limit most small claims courts have. I am not saying you would win, you may or may not depending on the judge (probably lose though). But, if you want revenge on Dish you at least get your day in court.

Regarding small claims court, as I understand it, there's no "enforcing" an order from small claims.

Regarding Dish Network and courts, well, they don't exactly listen.... :)

Actually, Food and HGTV are the only ones still doing "Stretch-O-Vision" (which we recently found out is actually called "Flex-View".) Turner stopped. I'm not sure A&E ever did it.

Sure, they still stretch, but it's a step in the right direction.

Err... I saw stretch-o-vision on TBS just yesterday. Cartoon Network is 4:3 now? Yeah, right...

Dish bring back Voom!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)