Classic Citcom Moment (involves Dish)

NoCenterIceNoDishNetwork

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Niagara Falls,NY
Well this happened to me about two months ago but it was funny so Im going to tell you. The day i got Dish Network was a dream come true and there was a funny coincidence. The dish guy showed up (on time:up) and I was outside watching him do what he does best setting up Dish Network. As i was standing outside with a can of beer in my hand I seen my across the street neighbor walk outside with his can of beer and while looking at him i seen a DirectTv truck pull up and we just stared at eachother with mean faces. It was a classic.... stupid but classic.

I had the Dish installer at my house doing his thing, and the cable installer taking care of my internet installation. They were up on step-stools, side by side. A perfect photo op. missed.

Now it would be funnier if the Directv and the DISH installers both, showed up to your respective houses drinking beers looking at ya'll look at them. NOW that would be classic sitcom moment ala "Married With CHildren."

We had to move my Dish to the back of the garage to get the 129 bird this year, which left the mast for my old Super Dish on the roof of my house, yesterday Cableone had a survey guy walking the Neighborhood, I was mowing my yard, I saw him look at the empty mast on my roof and smile, I just HAD to stop him and ask him what he was doing in my neighborhood, he smiled and said. "It looks like you are already a customer of Cable one" as he pointed to the empty pole mount (I haven't taken down yet)
I have to tell you how funny it was when I explained to him that I have 32+ HD channels now with E*, and pointed out that Cableone had 5, I also pointed out how big of a Hockey fan I am, that Cableone does not offer the Center Ice Package, nor do they have Versus...... the look on his face was CLASSIC!

We had to move my Dish to the back of the garage to get the 129 bird this year, which left the mast for my old Super Dish on the roof of my house, yesterday Cableone had a survey guy walking the Neighborhood, I was mowing my yard, I saw him look at the empty mast on my roof and smile, I just HAD to stop him and ask him what he was doing in my neighborhood, he smiled and said. "It looks like you are already a customer of Cable one" as he pointed to the empty pole mount (I haven't taken down yet)
I have to tell you how funny it was when I explained to him that I have 32+ HD channels now with E*, and pointed out that Cableone had 5, I also pointed out how big of a Hockey fan I am, that Cableone does not offer the Center Ice Package, nor do they have Versus...... the look on his face was CLASSIC!

Charter was digging up my front yard a few years ago, putting in equipment for digital cable I imagine, my neighbor who has DirecTV was trying to get them to route it all around our houses since we both have satellite (I have Dish). When we explained "We have satellite", the guy running the cable said "so do I" and laughed! :haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)