Clear Cache

mooney1324

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Chicago
I am new to the board, but have been following for a while. I am running the current CE release, but I noticed that on channel 1 (Customer Information Channel) where I used to go to clear the cache has changed. Is there a new key sequence that needs to be pushed now? Anyone know? Thanks!

I am new to the board, but have been following for a while. I am running the current CE release, but I noticed that on channel 1 (Customer Information Channel) where I used to go to clear the cache has changed. Is there a new key sequence that needs to be pushed now? Anyone know? Thanks!

Channel 1 cleared the cache ?

Never heard that before.

:welcome to Satelliteguys mooney1324!

I've never heard of clearing the cache that way either.

I believe the OP is referring to the clearing of the NVRAM that you could do while on channel 1 by pressing Red-Red-Blue-Blue-Yellow-Green fairly quickly. I just tuned to channel 1 myself and attempted it and it doesn't seem to work anymore as the channel does look different now. I don't think it's necessarily a CE-related thing though as Channel 1 looks different on receivers running the blue GUI as well.

Dan

I believe the OP is referring to the clearing of the NVRAM that you could do while on channel 1 by pressing Red-Red-Blue-Blue-Yellow-Green fairly quickly. I just tuned to channel 1 myself and attempted it and it doesn't seem to work anymore as the channel does look different now. I don't think it's necessarily a CE-related thing though as Channel 1 looks different on receivers running the blue GUI as well.

Dan

What exactly would the "Clearing the Cache" do for the recvr ?

It used to actually help the response time of the receiver when it would become painfully slow on the old blue GUI. When it would take extremely long for the guide to pop up or it would lag real bad when entering a channel number, I would clear the NVRAM and it would make it somewhat tolerable again.

Here's one of the posts on the DirecTV forums about it: HD DVR SLOW SLOW SLOW! | DIRECTV Receiver Technical Sup | DIRECTV Technical Help Forums

Post #7 is where clearing the NVRAM is first mentioned.

Dan

It basically replaced the need for a restart. Looks like they took it away. I was able to do it on CE until they changed channel 1. Oh well, just seeing if anyone knew how to replace it. My HR-24 gets slow every once in a while.

I'm surprised some on this forum didn't know about this. In my searches for slow receiver, I came across this numerous times. It did seem to help at times, but overall the system would become slow again. I'm hoping the HD GUI will fix this issue when it's released for the HR34.

UPDATE-----
Search keyword "CLEARMYBOX" ...this will clear E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G on hr34-700...all recordings and settings...GONE! I just did this 4/22/2015

However...give it some time afterward, and the recordings will magically reappear.
It appears the Red-Red-Blue-Blue-Yellow-Green trick is not active anymore.

Tip...turn "scrolling effects" and "recording tips" off to help with a slow dvr.

Kev

I did the Reset EVERYTHING on an old HR24 the other day and it has helped greatly, however, your resetting the box to factory so all recordings are gone, which in this case wasn't a big deal.

Next time I'll try the Clearmybox instead, seeing the recordings come back.

UPDATE-----
Search keyword "CLEARMYBOX" ...this will clear E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G on hr34-700...all recordings and settings...GONE! I just did this 4/22/2015

However...give it some time afterward, and the recordings will magically reappear.
It appears the Red-Red-Blue-Blue-Yellow-Green trick is not active anymore.

Tip...turn "scrolling effects" and "recording tips" off to help with a slow dvr.

Kev
What about your List of shows you have set up to Record, do they show up again as well ?

So for several days after doing this my HR34 wouldn't download the hi res graphics, channel icons etc... I tried red button reboots etc.. and nothing helped.

So I tried searching for IAMANEDGECUTTER (which I doubt did anything) and then figured I'd try sending a reactivation from the DirecTV website which I *think* actually worked (within 20 minutes I started seeing the upgraded hi res graphics and channel logos etc...). Anyone else ever try this to get their Pandora etc..?

I'm talking about the reactivation you can send to your receiver from:
My Equipment -> Refresh your service

Pick the receiver in question and click Continue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)