Cleveland HD locals in Columbus area - possible?

TivoSaved Tv

Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
Has anyone in the Columbus, OH area successfully "moved" to Cleveland for their HD locals?

I am just south of the DMA (less than 30 miles) but receive a slide on those 4 channels that says not to call in, Dish is aware of the issue and is working on it. It has been this way since I "moved" a few weeks ago.

Before anyone asks, I do have a wing looking at 61.5 and a 1000.2 looking at 110, 119, and 129. I have a good signal on most 61.5 transponders (60+), but TP1 is only 5-7. Is there an issue with the TP/Dish, do I need to try harder to focus on TP1 (I do not know that that is possible), or is the spot that "tight" that less than 30 miles out of the DMA the signal is gone.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Not too much you can do, I believe. I'm about as close to the edge of the Cleveland DMA as you can be (3/4 of a mile to the Coshocton county line and 1 1/2 miles to Guernsey county; the Columbus DMA starts @ both counties) and my TP1, 61.5, signal is hovering around 33. All of this with almost no cloud cover.

About the *only* thing that comes to mind is to get a larger reflector (Pac NW used 24" dishes) and see if that increases things slightly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts