Cleveland HD Locals Problem

j_perry_31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Ashtabula, OH
Today when the Cleveland HD Locals were made available I was very excited. So I called Dish to see if they could upgrade me so I could receive my locals in HD. The rep I talked to said that they were not available and that they won't be available until sometime after May. She also said when they become available they will e-mail me and call my house to inform me. Now I have been seeing people post that they have there channels added. I don't know what to do anymore? Any suggestions? Anyone else having the same problem as me?

I called today to. The CSR I talked to (American) knew they were being turned on today and was saying, "I bet you're excited." She had me hold for a while and she finally got back on and said that the computer wouldn't let her input a work order to add 61.5. She said it was because they went live today and they wouldn't be able to access them in their computers until tomorrow. She said call back in the morning. So, they know they are there, they just can't schedule the install until tomorrow. I figure I can wait one more day.

If you weren't so far north, I'd drive there today to do it.

*ahem*...anyhoo! :p As I posted elsewhere, play CSR roulette or wait until tomorrow to call.

If you change your mind, after you are done there, take a right at Ashtabula and drive 45 minutes east to my house in Erie and toss that old wing dish up on the garage for me.

Thanks

April 8, 2008
Dear DISH Network Retailer,
We have great news! Effective April 10, 2008, DISH Network will offer high-definition (“HD”) local network
programming in the Cleveland, OH! Cleveland area customers will have the opportunity to enjoy Lost
CSI on CBS, Law and Order on NBC and American Idol on FOX in stunning HD provided by DISH Network.
In order to receive their Cleveland HD locals, qualifying customers must have a ViP-series / MPEG-4
an applicable antenna pointed to the 61.5° orbital location, and must subscribe to Cleveland locals. Please
in mind that a $7.00/mo. HD Enabling Fee applies to each account activated with a ViP-series receiver,
waived on a monthly basis if the customer subscribes to a qualifying dishHDTM package.
HD local network programming available in the Cleveland, OH, DMA through DISH Network:

If you change your mind, after you are done there, take a right at Ashtabula and drive 45 minutes east to my house in Erie and toss that old wing dish up on the garage for me.

Thanks

If I can get a bunch of you up in that end of the state together, then it might be worth it.

Knowing my luck I'd get hammered for "moonlighting" by either DNS or my RSP.

If I can get a bunch of you up in that end of the state together, then it might be worth it.

Knowing my luck I'd get hammered for "moonlighting" by either DNS or my RSP.

Can I ask you a question on this? I know if is referred to as a wing dish, but does it need to be mounted with the other dish? With where my 129 was mounted, I'm not sure of my line of sight to 61.5. Could it be mounted elsewhere?

Can I ask you a question on this? I know if is referred to as a wing dish, but does it need to be mounted with the other dish? With where my 129 was mounted, I'm not sure of my line of sight to 61.5. Could it be mounted elsewhere?

It sure can! :)

I *thinking* the maximum distance is 200' from the furthest dish to the receiver. And the distance from each dish isn't to be no more than 80'. In both circumstances, I'm sure a person can "stretch" things a bit with no harm.

It sure can! :)

I *thinking* the maximum distance is 200' from the furthest dish to the receiver. And the distance from each dish isn't to be no more than 80'. In both circumstances, I'm sure a person can "stretch" things a bit with no harm.

Great. Thanks.

Nothing on TP1 for Cleveland HD locals

I see the HD locals in the guide, but can't get them.

I get a message Satellite lost - Error 2. E.g. Channel 019099, Satellite 61.5, TP 1.

Are they on?

They are on. Can you get anything else from 61.5?

I get virtually nothing on TPs1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 15, 16, 26, 28,

TPs 2, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32 are all good in the green).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)