Cleveland HD Locals Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I will check mine, I had a great installer and I have really good signal on 61.5 let me check that spotbeam though ;)

edit: 55, and I dont think I ever noticed but I have 72 and 77 in my point dish screen, I dont go there so I never really saw them before, or didnt notice.

I gotta say -- havings these locals finally uplinked but then put on 61.5 is very frustrating. I have Dish 1000 so I'm not getting 61.5. I've tried twice and can't get a CSR to give me a free upgrade. Let's pretend that I give in to their 24-month or $60 requirement -- what channels will I gain other than HD locals with the 61.5 satellite? I have AT100+ with HD-Ultimate.

Seems like a rip-off that they'd put our RSNs on 129 but then HD locals on 61.5.

I'll try to repoint on the weekend to see if I can improve it. All the other transponders are good.

I thought that STO was also on 61.5 but I don't see it.

Is it part of Top 100 + locals?

I gotta say -- havings these locals finally uplinked but then put on 61.5 is very frustrating. I have Dish 1000 so I'm not getting 61.5. I've tried twice and can't get a CSR to give me a free upgrade. Let's pretend that I give in to their 24-month or $60 requirement -- what channels will I gain other than HD locals with the 61.5 satellite? I have AT100+ with HD-Ultimate.

Seems like a rip-off that they'd put our RSNs on 129 but then HD locals on 61.5.

Umm...off the top of my head, the Pentagon channel is the only thing you'll "gain" (gain being a relative term)

I will check mine, I had a great installer and I have really good signal on 61.5 let me check that spotbeam though ;)

edit: 55, and I dont think I ever noticed but I have 72 and 77 in my point dish screen, I dont go there so I never really saw them before, or didnt notice.

I appreciate the compliment :)

Now I don't feel so guilty with the 2-dish solution at your place. Hindsight being what it is, it's starting to look like a pretty darned smart move..

Just wish Dish would fire up those HD RSNs on the 61.5 already. :D

I felt bad for 2 seconds that I didnt get my RSN's, but with them being uplinked to 61.5 now just waiting to be turned on I am in good shape! I gotta say you did a great job, and I show off your install to everyone......now if I can just get you to come out when eastern arc goes online :)

These were just recently added (within the past couple of weeks), but I don't think they have added anything there yet. However, I do remember reading that they were added.

Geoff

I'm just wondering when they are going to permanently move the RSN's to 61.5. That move involves a lot of people who don't even live in Cleveland.

I had an interesting conversation with a CSR this morning. I called and said that I noticed that HD Locals are available and that I need another dish installed per your website. She told me that I should be able to see them from the 129 location. I said that I was pretty sure that They are on a different satellite and that I need a wing dish. She told me to check channels 9443, 5200, 5201, 5202 and 5303 and let her know what I see.

Called home, wife just got out of the shower, and waiting for her to check (because I said I would) so I can call back and tell them they are wrong.

Just thought I would share.

I had an interesting conversation with a CSR this morning. I called and said that I noticed that HD Locals are available and that I need another dish installed per your website. She told me that I should be able to see them from the 129 location. I said that I was pretty sure that They are on a different satellite and that I need a wing dish. She told me to check channels 9443, 5200, 5201, 5202 and 5303 and let her know what I see.

Called home, wife just got out of the shower, and waiting for her to check (because I said I would) so I can call back and tell them they are wrong.

Just thought I would share.

I just checked...they're not there....i wish..

I had the exact same problem! Still on the phone with them too. Went through a long process that was pointless because the csr thought i could see them from 129

I'm on an online chat with them....he's keeps telling me its taking longer than expected and to wait longer...i wonder whats going on

Yeah the online chat yesterday told me the same thing. Plus they said i HAD to pay the $ 59.99 fee to get the wing dish installed. I had no option of extending my contract or no way out of it.

Maybe I got lucky....I'm set up for tommorow morning via online chat. No cost and no 24 months ;) :)

Maybe I got lucky....I'm set up for tommorow morning via online chat. No cost and no 24 months ;) :)

Good for you! I will try that. According to the website:
You may need a second satellite dish to receive all local channels in this package.
This second dish will be provided and installed free of any charge.
If you do not already have a second satellite dish, please call DISH Network at 800-333-DISH (3474) to schedule an installation.

Good for you! I will try that. According to the website:
You may need a second satellite dish to receive all local channels in this package.
This second dish will be provided and installed free of any charge.
If you do not already have a second satellite dish, please call DISH Network at 800-333-DISH (3474) to schedule an installation.

whats the url to this?

Finally got them to install the 2nd dish for free. Told them i felt i was a valued customer and i deserved to have my locals in hd free of charge and that i would take my business elsewhere if it did not happen. The csr finally cracked and said okay, set me up with an appointment tomorrow! Good luck to everyone else lookin for a 2nd dish free!

Finally got them to install the 2nd dish for free. Told them i felt i was a valued customer and i deserved to have my locals in hd free of charge and that i would take my business elsewhere if it did not happen. The csr finally cracked and said okay, set me up with an appointment tomorrow! Good luck to everyone else lookin for a 2nd dish free!

I hope theres no funny business about a charge/contract exstension when I actually have the dish installed. The CSR said absolutely nothing about a charge initially and when I asked he said it would be free....I just get nervous about Dish when it comes to these sort of things.....

EDIT: He also said he wasn't sure if they'd have to install a new Dish (I was playing stupid as a strategy of getting everything for free..)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)