Cleveland Locals 61.5 and 129?

broadcasttheworld

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
I see the uplink activity still shows WOIO/WJW/WEWS/ and WKYC on Sat location 61.5. This is a problem since the Cleveland area RSNs and Sports Time Ohio - Home of our Cleveland Indians is still on sat location 129. I am thinking about getting a dish 300 to point at 61.5 for locals. Is it possible to get both 129 and 61.5 or will they cause each other trouble? Also if this is possible what equipment is needed to add 61.5 to my current setup of 1 VIP 622 "dual tuner" using a dish 1000 antenna pointing at 129/119/110?:confused:

If you are usin a dish 1000 with a DPPTwin and a DP dual, then you would need a DPP44 switch, if you have a dish 1000.2 then it already has a built in 4th orbital input that you can tie the 61.5 into

Dish will add whatever tech you need to receive your HD locals once they're online. However, I almost guarantee it will require a second dish pointing at 61.5.

Eastern Arc might change all of that, but that's further out than HD locals becoming available.

As far as "when", if you believe Charlie, before the end of the month.

Dish will add whatever tech you need to receive your HD locals once they're online. However, I almost guarantee it will require a second dish pointing at 61.5.

Eastern Arc might change all of that, but that's further out than HD locals becoming available.

As far as "when", if you believe Charlie, before the end of the month.

The problem with dish providing the "TECH" is that will also require a commitment. As an AT&T employee I am awaiting AT&T U-Verse service in middle 09. I think im going with a Dish 1000.2 and a dish 300 setup for the 110/119/129 and dish 300 for the 61.5. looks like i can use the lnbf input on the 1000.2 for the 61.5 site.