Clicking on posted links not safe?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Just like the title says. When I click on a posted link, Mcafee Siteadvisor tells me it's not safe.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 197
It MAY be that McAfee just doesn't like the auto-redirect that viglink uses. It may also be the site that viglink was auto-redirecting you to. The first line from its Wikipedia page:

"VigLink is a San Francisco-based, outbound-traffic monetization service for publishers, forums, and bloggers, which specializes in in-text advertising and marketing."

It's possible that one of the advertisers Viglink was redirecting you to could be iffy (though I've seen some false alarms too). Unfortunately the picture you posted doesn't show the whole URL so we can't see which advertiser it was.

Sounds like a false positive, which happens from time to time.

The Viglink Support is actually built into vbulletin now. And since most every forum I know uses Viglink you would be seeing that alert on almost every forum you go to.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts