Closed Caption and Record Fixed

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I looked earlier and could not find the fixes below mentioned:

Since receiving the latest software update just a few days ago, I've noticed these fixes:

1. Closed Caption now displays on both foreground and background (PIP) tuners, so now when the tuners are Swapped both tuners display CC.
a. Now, when going to My Recordings and playing back, it can be done from either tuner on screen and CC will display on playback of recording.

2. When I pressed RECORD during the middle of a live show, it saved the recording from the beginning of the show (tuner was tuned to that program before start of show), meaning instead of saving from the point I pressed RECORD that was in the middle of the program, it saved the entire show that was in the buffer, but NOT the previous show that as in the buffer, to the end. However, there was no prompt. It just did this automatically with the same "behavior" as before, but with the improvement of saving as if I had selected "save from beginning."

My very big thanks to Dish and Echostar engineers for fixing these problems. I know they monitor this forum, and I feel like posting problems here is far more effective to getting results than calling in, unless one gets elevated to technical. GOOD WORK ECHOSTAR ENGINEERS! Thanks. Keep up the good work. It never ends :).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts