DishAnywhere App Updated - Holy Crap!

glenwms

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
NC
I noticed on my Droid phone this morning that the DishAnywhere app automatically updated. It's been a couple of weeks since I last used this, so I decided to give it a whirl to see what, if anything, was updated. HOLY CRAP! From the moment I chose "Watch" from the guide, I was watching live TV in 2 seconds. No, this is not an exaggeration....literally 2 seconds. I've been a long-time Sling user (all the way back to the original Slingbox), but I've never seen it connect this fast.

Just to be sure I wasn't seeing things, I closed the app, rebooted my phone, and went back into it. This time, just for fun, I tried a different channel from the guide. Yep, live TV in 2 seconds. I have the original Hopper with the external Sling adapter. The only new part I saw immediately was a "More" tab on the screen that slides out from right-to-left to give you a couple more options.

Color me impressed!

I knew it had been updated, I do all my updating myself, but hadn't checked it. Yep, it's fast. Took maybe 10 seconds to pull up the guide, but there was live TV in about 2 or 3 seconds. WTG, Dish!

My guide took a while to pull up, but I had the correct locals immediately after it loaded (normally I have to refresh it, as it has locals from somewhere on the west coast).

Video loaded in 2-3 seconds for me as well.

What version is this? Mine was streaming about the same rate as before but is stuttery/shakey now and not as clear. It did seem to bring up the LIVE tv quicker than it used to but it took about 6-8 seconds on mine although the GUIDE popped up immediately. When you delete a folder of shows (Delete All) it shows the progress as 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 and deletes them quicker.

The new version is 1.5.20. It takes the guide approximately 4-5 seconds to appear, and live TV is starting in 2 seconds. The speed amazes me. I've tried from several different locations (home/work/mall) and it consistently starts live TV quicker than ever. I haven't tried from my iPad yet, but I'll try this weekend.

Performance improvements on iPad will be coming shortly... Right now they are iPhone and Android.

Vivek

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

since this last update....my data drops out a then it hooks up with someone elses 922...clasic....so I get some chicago and some NY channels....wow!

My version is 2.0.0.21 guide loads immediately wonder why my version is so much higher?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)