Closed Caption and SAP (vip622)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
How does Dish handle alternate closed captioning and SAP's with this receiver? Nothing seems to work for me.

For example: I've got one channel that transmits English CC on CC1 and Spanish CC on CC3, but no matter what I set the 622 for all I get is English. Likewise I have another Spanish channel that transmits Spanish CC on CC1 and English on CC3, but no matter how I set the receiver, all I get is the Spanish CC.

Additionally, none of the channels that have SAP work. I can change the receiver to an alternate language but it has no effect.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong.

As far as I can see Dish just doesn't give a sh** about SAP 90% of the time. CNBC often uses SAP to carry the audio of congressional hearings and to this date though I've tried time and time again Dish just doesn't carry the SAP audio.

The most I've come across is "descriptive audio for the visually impaired." And that only on a total of two movies on AMC (or maybe TCM) in several years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)